× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Remote Password Reset

tonyd10861
Follower

Remote Password Reset

I have a vacation home in another state.  The router is prompting people staying there to reset the admin password.  Is there a way for me to reset it remotely if I am not physically near the router?  There is currently no wifi in the home although the internet provider claims there is internet service to the home.

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2

Re: Remote Password Reset

@tonyd10861 wrote:

The router is prompting people staying there to reset the admin password.  Is there a way for me to reset it remotely if I am not physically near the router? 

Is that the C3700 cable modem/router in your footer?

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but a cable modem/router isn't much like a mobile hotpot, so you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7