× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Return MR1100 to stock firmware

scotcruz
Aspirant

Return MR1100 to stock firmware

hi folks,

I have a MR1100-1RDMES which has Oreedoo bloatware on it. I want to install stock firmware (latest .spk) file which I have already downloaded from the support section.

I am unable to load it from the browser as it gives me "Invalid firmware" message.

How do I go about returning it to stock? I have read various threads about nmprflash or windows TFTP process. Can someone advise me whats the easier way and if nmprflash then where can I download the working version?

Many thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 4
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

If it is Ooredoo SKU, then it is. Never heard cross flashing between different SKU's. Invalid firmware means that firmware is not intended to use with this device. 

Message 2 of 4
scotcruz
Aspirant

@TeeJay74 wrote:

If it is Ooredoo SKU, then it is. Never heard cross flashing between different SKU's. Invalid firmware means that firmware is not intended to use with this device. 

Thanks TeeJay, yes its is Ooredoo.. but the hardware is exactly the same and I no longer subscribe to Ooredoo so no harm installing the stock firmware on it. It will work. Just trying to see if someone can point me in the right direction.

Regards

Message 3 of 4
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @scotcruz ,

The MR1100 SKU's have specific firmwares which are optimized for their respective ISP's.  You cannot upgrade a Oreedoo MR1100 with Telstra MR1100 firmware for example.  The firmware package will check to ensure the correct SKU is being used prior to running the upgrade.  I would suggest speaking with your ISP to get a copy of the stock firmware specific to your ISP.

Regards,

ArodiD

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7