× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Router not reading Sim Card

BulldogUK
Initiate

Router not reading Sim Card

Hello community,

Does anyone know what the problem would be as my sim card holder is not reading my sim card, I am getting the message that the "sim card is not inserted", I have checked to see if the sim card is working at my local mobile shop and it is.

It was working fine until yesterday evening when I got the warning sign saying the above message, it is only a couple of months old and wouldnt expect this thing to have happened this early on.
Solutions would be much appreciated

Steve
Model: AC797|Mobiler AirCard Hotspot 797
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Router not reading Sim Card

While you were at the shop, did you try swapping in a different sim? 

Message 2 of 5
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@BulldogUK wrote:
Hello community,

Does anyone know what the problem would be as my sim card holder is not reading my sim card, I am getting the message that the "sim card is not inserted", I have checked to see if the sim card is working at my local mobile shop and it is.

It was working fine until yesterday evening when I got the warning sign saying the above message, it is only a couple of months old and wouldnt expect this thing to have happened this early on.
Solutions would be much appreciated

Steve

Please check the PINs on the SIM holder. Some PINs may deform and can't have good contact with the SIM. Please lift the deformed PINs carefully to see whether the issue can be resolved?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Jhua12
Aspirant

What to do
Message 4 of 5
BulldogUK
Initiate

Hi sorry for late reply, Free mobile the sim out and put it into a mobile phone and all was good with that, they didn't have a sim card the size to fit in router that was activated. So I understood that the reader had failed.
Cheers
Steve
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7