× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Rural WiFi Set up (M1 and Nighthawk ac1750)...Please help

Msflyr
Follower

Rural WiFi Set up (M1 and Nighthawk ac1750)...Please help

Hello All...

I am new to all this, so bear with me.  I just moved to the country and have zero options for internet, so bought an MR1100 M1 for my home modem/router.  Last night I was able to get it connected to my ac1750 to get the signal throughout the house.

My question is:  Are there settings (either within the M1 or ac1750) that I could change to increase the speed?  Short, Medium, or Long?  And should the frequencies be changed at all?

The M1 will be stationary in house once it’s all set up.  Our house is not that large, maybe 1500sq ft upsairs.  

*If there is a thread already addressing this issue, I apologize.

Thank you in advance!

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Mexoh1To7k
Apprentice

You want to increase the speed between the MR1100 and your router or the speed between the MR1100 and the mobile operator?

If you use WiFi, you'll of course theoretically obtain highest throughput by using 5 GHz, 40 MHz bandwidth and a channel that's not too busy in the area.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Mexoh1To7k
Apprentice

You want to increase the speed between the MR1100 and your router or the speed between the MR1100 and the mobile operator?

If you use WiFi, you'll of course theoretically obtain highest throughput by using 5 GHz, 40 MHz bandwidth and a channel that's not too busy in the area.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7