× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

SIM CARD Switching in NETGEAR MBR 1515 Units

Eagerbecky
Aspirant

SIM CARD Switching in NETGEAR MBR 1515 Units

Hello, I am now going to search to purchase a refurbished Newtgear MBR1515 Verizon Broadband wireless modem to replace my current one , that doesn't want to turn on mobile broadband radio, i have made a zillion attempts to have unti fire up in Enabled  wireless radio mode, The ISP told me my acct is okay and in good standing , so the problem has to be my Netgear equipment ,not ISP,s Sim card

My million dollar question is :Will my sim from my old MBR1515 work in another unit i purchase from a third party vendor who has the same model and carrier /Verizon netgear equipment ??, I am asking this because im a clueless blonde's ,who is limited tin the tech savy dept, and need to hear this from some of you guru,s in this field, Thanks again everybody , Eagerbecky

Model: MBR1515|LTE Broadband Wireless Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: SIM CARD Switching in NETGEAR MBR 1515 Units

Hello Eagerbecky

Yes this should work if its the same model though you may need to contact Verizon to make sure they tie the sim card to the mac of the equipment not sure if they do that or not.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7