× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Serial Number Search - Netgear Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router

JustinSF
Aspirant

Serial Number Search - Netgear Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router

Is the Netgear Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router manufactured with a Serial Number? If so, can someone clearly explain where that is found? I have spent literally two days between the T Mobile SIM card activation issues and trying to get this Mobile Router to work at all. I'm about ready to throw the router and the SIM card in the trash and move on to a product that works. I am not a technophone - but the activation process is mind blowing. Thanks for any insights into getting this Mobile Router to actually work. I appreciate your help. 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 13
celler
Guide

I believe you may be the victim of semantics.  These types of devices are identified by what is called an IMEI which is a type of elecronic serial number.  You will find it on a sticker under the battery.  I also believe you can find this on the GUI on the router by signing into it.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 13
JustinSF
Aspirant

I will try that - thanks. The serial number input says 13 digits, but I will try the IMEI. 

Message 3 of 13
celler
Guide

Well that could be an issue because the IMEI is 15 digits.

Message 4 of 13
JustinSF
Aspirant

Thanks. The IMEI on the Mobile Router box is much longer than that : ( 

So I give up at this point. I will try to figure out how a person contacts actual support within Netgear, but I'm not optimistic that this product works, or will work. Thanks for your help. 

Message 5 of 13
celler
Guide

I am going to correct myself and apologize for erroneous information.  If you look on the sticker behind the battery under the IMEI number there is a very small, bearly readable serial number listed.  Get out your glasses.

Message 6 of 13
JustinSF
Aspirant

Correction, and my error. I found the Serial Number. It is separate and distinct from the EMEI. Next step is to try chat support to see if anyone can figure out why this Router doesn't/cannot move data, even though an activated SIM card is inside of it, and even though I can attach my iPhone to it. 

Message 7 of 13
JustinSF
Aspirant

No harm no foul. You are very kind. And yes it is unbelievably small print : ) 

Message 8 of 13
celler
Guide

If this router was previously an AT&T router and you are moving it to T-Mobile, your are going to need to update the APN information in the GUI to add the T-Mobile information.  At least, that's what I did when I moved mine from AT&T to Verizon.

Message 9 of 13
JustinSF
Aspirant

Thanks. I made a point to not buy the AT&T branded mobile router, so I think I am okay on that front. AT&T is nowhere on the product box of the product anywhere, so I think I'm okay on that frontier. 

Message 10 of 13
celler
Guide

Very good, but I would still check the APN information just to make sure.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/byod-t-mobile-data-and-apn-settings

Message 11 of 13
Oscar1951
Aspirant

nighthawk M1, 1100 EUS

Having the same problem with a SIM card from Vodafone, Gemany - 6 h of my life wasted - After hours of waiting at the support phone I was told " it is possible that we do not support nighthawk M1" what a lovley surprise - finaly could not suceed to make it work. Installed then my second SIM card from Swisscom Switzerland and everthing worked fine. 

But my problem is now, I reseted my mobile router - does anyone know what the admin password is after resetting the device ?

Thanks for any help.

Message 12 of 13
W1lliam
Virtuoso

Hope this info still useful for you, for MR1100-100EUS, default admin password is printed on the label when you removed back cover and battery.

William

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7