Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Several websites (all related to a single IP) time out suddenly

pdawg80
Aspirant

Several websites (all related to a single IP) time out suddenly

A few days ago, my work email and websites associated with the same ip address started timing out with my XFinity service.  (for reference, the sites/email all work with my T-Mobile mobile data, but time out with XFinity)

Troubleshooting, I bypassed the Nighthawk N6350, and plugged the modem (Arris SB8200) directly into my PC and the work email and associated websites load/ping fine, so it's definitely the Netgear R6305 router that's causing the issue (all devices attached have the same problem, iPhone, Roku, Playstation, etc...)

I don't see anything in the security section with blocked IPs/websites (and I definitely didn't manually add them).

pings time out, 100% loss, IP address for mail/sites/etc... is 69.175.5.239

Literally everything else finds/loads/pings just fine via the router.

Any help is appreciated,

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Several websites (all related to a single IP) time out suddenly

1. try enabling ipv6

2. Try a different DNS Server. Here's a few for ipv4. Also remember to change the ipv6 dns server if ipv6 is enabled
CloudFlare 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1
GoogleDNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Message 2 of 5
pdawg80
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!

I tried using the Google/Cloudflare DNS IPs but didn't seem to help.

Went to look at IPv6 and I'll admit I'm a little out of my depth here.  Which of these drop downs should I choose to turn on?  I attempted auto-config but that didn't seem to help or hurt, though I probably didn't get something right in the actual setup.

Back on disabled now. Which drop down would you suggest, and should I be doing something inside the settings of the dropdown or keep it at automatically assigned by ISP?

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru
pdawg80
Aspirant

Thanks,

Both of those instructional posts seemed to work, as in internet still works afterward, but sites/IP in question still time out afterward updating.

Very frustrating.

I've rebooted both the modem and the router afterward as well to see if that nudged along the fix, but no luck.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7