× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Some questions about MR1100 media streaming

niavlys
Follower

Some questions about MR1100 media streaming

Hi,

I would like to know if the media streaming service of the MR11 is done through the 4G data of a FAI service (paid service) or if it's from an internal network of the router (free service) ?

Also if the MR21 functionning in the same way for the media streaming ?

Thank you for your answers

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

What country are you in?  Here in the USA, the MR1100 is only available on AT&T.  Media streaming (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, YouTube, etc.) streams over the internet using your cellular plan's data allocation.

In my case, I have AT&T unlimited.  My kids stream all sorts of content on their iPads in the car without issue.

The MR1100 and MR2100 are cellular modem devices.  They will require a Cellular data plan in the country for which you want to use it (or roaming).  

The MR1100 does also offer "data offloading" in which case you can use it like a wireless access point but you need to connect it to another (wired) broadband connection that you have access to.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

What country are you in?  Here in the USA, the MR1100 is only available on AT&T.  Media streaming (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, YouTube, etc.) streams over the internet using your cellular plan's data allocation.

In my case, I have AT&T unlimited.  My kids stream all sorts of content on their iPads in the car without issue.

The MR1100 and MR2100 are cellular modem devices.  They will require a Cellular data plan in the country for which you want to use it (or roaming).  

The MR1100 does also offer "data offloading" in which case you can use it like a wireless access point but you need to connect it to another (wired) broadband connection that you have access to.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7