× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Sprint AirCard 771S NO battery error, any idea where to get battery?

M_Jacks
Follower

Sprint AirCard 771S NO battery error, any idea where to get battery?

Has anyone found a source of GOOD, Working batteries for this unit.

Last two from Amozon were oversize, first TOO big to fit.

Next Is Too tight, but fits, intemitt error mesg, "NO battery" or "battery too low".

i did try to run without battery in unit, BUT got error msg, "NO SIM card"

does work with USB connected to computer, BUT do get from time to time, msg "NO battery" or "battery Too low" AND error INTERFERES with downloads.

i thought had better odds of good battery, Amazon add included dim's of battery.  all details matched ad and unit,

on my bad battery, labeled    X-Longer   Mod CS-SPT771RX     Cameron Sino

and can you belive it, when i sent msg not working, i got msg back, you must completely discharge and charge these batteries.  THAT does NOT apply to   Lithium-Ion batteries. 

Sprint does not carry batteries, or able to order the batteries.  BUT sitll sell that unit.

if can help, thanks.

Mark

Message 1 of 5
Blockroots
Aspirant

Re: Sprint AirCard 771S NO battery error, any idea where to get battery?

I got the same problem.  It's not battery that is the problem.  I have since replaced the battery and still get message.  My screen also freezes when I get no battery message.  I only get this message when it is plugged into ac outlet.  It works perfectly fine when it is plugged dirrectly into computer using usb.  I need this unit to be plugged into an outlet because there are other computers on the network, and I have desktop computer so mine can't move easily.   I am gonna contact netgear directly.  Any solutions to this problem would be great help.

Message 2 of 5
ccjd380
Initiate

I had the same problem.  I replaced the battery from the sprint store and it worked for 1/2 hr then went to 'no battery loaded' status.  Also the touch screen went.  I called sprint and they told me to return to my store for replacement.  It was only 9 months old.  Sprint store wanted to charge me $75 and send it out.  No idea how long it would take.  This hotspot is for M.I.L that is over 80yo and enjoys FB.  So store said, pay it off and upgrade then call Netgear and get it replaced.  Do you think I could find a phone number for warranty.  Called Sprint.  If the hotspot was still on the account, I could have had it fixed, but since its no longer in service there's nothing they could do.  AAARRRGH.  POC equipment.

Model: AirCard 771S|NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot for Sprint
Message 3 of 5
krepta3000
Aspirant

Same problem for me, "No Battery" message, and then it freezes up and stops functioning properly.  It can't be the Battery because both the device and battery are brand new.  This device is programmed to Lie.  It literally can not function, period, without a battery.  Therefore it is not Possible for it to become aware that there is no battery present.  Removal of the battery totally shuts it down, even when plugged in.  Who in their right minds programs a device to Lie?!

Anyway, every few minutes or so it gives the No Battery error message then the data connection stops working and the GUI freezes up.The only fix is removing the battery and putting it back in again.

Model: AirCard 771S (Sprint)|NETGEAR Zing Mobile Hotspot for Sprint
Message 4 of 5
irishrball
Aspirant

I was having the same problems you outlined.  I found a replacement battery at a Battery & Bulbs store, but when I put it in the aircard I got the same messages, touchscreen went,  loss of internet connection,  etc.  What did you ultimately do?  Is the problem the aircard? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7