× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Streaming issues with Nighthawk M1

hexor
Aspirant

Streaming issues with Nighthawk M1

I mainly use this hotspot in the car for streaming i-radio. Unfortunately the link to the mobile network gets lost quite often for a short time and therefore the sound interrupts, not quite enjoyable to listen to music this way.

The sim card or the provider itself shouldn't be a problem since I checked it with a mobile phone using the tethering function and it all runs well without any interrupts.

Does anyone have a hint why that is or could be?

Thanks in advance for any support!

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
hexor
Aspirant

Anyway, testing it further the past days, it somehow seems to be solved. Now it just works fine. I have no clue why that is. A possibility could be that the SIM card somehow must have been "activated" through a mobile phone...? Since I had it in the phone and then switched back to the nighthawk it now runs just fine. I hope it stays this way 🙂

Thanks for any help.

Bye.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please advise the device SKU and which carrier you are using.

When you run a speed test, what is the spead you can get?

Thanks

Message 2 of 7
hexor
Aspirant

Hi John

Thanks for getting in touch.

SKU is MR1100-100EUS.

Carrier is sunrise.

Download speed: ca. 20 MBit/s
Upload speed: ca. 18 MBit/s

RTT: ca. 40 ms

speedtest server is hsi.hsr.ch

These values are in line with the mobile phone that I used as hotspot "reference" (where the music runs smooth).

Thanks, Mike

Message 3 of 7
hexor
Aspirant

Anyway, testing it further the past days, it somehow seems to be solved. Now it just works fine. I have no clue why that is. A possibility could be that the SIM card somehow must have been "activated" through a mobile phone...? Since I had it in the phone and then switched back to the nighthawk it now runs just fine. I hope it stays this way 🙂

Thanks for any help.

Bye.

Message 4 of 7
ezenil
Aspirant

Hi,

What did you do exactly to fix this issue? I am experiencing the same. "Activated" the SIM card on an iPhone 7 and hat speed test results of Down: 20 Mbps and Up: 10 Mbps. Inserted the SIM into the Nighthawk M1 and the speed test (iPhone connected to M1 WiFi) ist download of 0.3 Mbps, not even Whatsapp runs. I have tried turning on and off the M1 but nothing.

I would appreciate the help.

Regards,

Erick

Message 5 of 7
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please advise your device SKU name and your carrier. 

At the same time, please make sure you set up the APN correctly on the device.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
hexor
Aspirant

Hi Erick

Eventually, I only had the SIM card in the mobile phone (android) and afterwards placed it back into the nighthawk again. And it runs well, ever since. I didn't adjust any settings, except, I fixed the WiFi hotspot to only use the 2.4 GHz band - the car only can use this band and since I am using the nighthawk in the car I figured I just fix it to that.

Well, that's it. Hopefully you find a way to run it fine as well!

Cheers, Mike

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7