× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Super Slow Mr1100 Nighthawk

AnunC8
Aspirant

Super Slow Mr1100 Nighthawk

So, I'm really struggling with my ATandT MR1100. The last one they sent me broke, and this new one doesn't seem to be much better. It picks up about one bar, but I've since installed an antenna which allows it to get three or four bars. I was so excited, but I only manages speeds of around 20-30 kbps, and maybe 200 kbps at it's best. I'm really not sure what to do with this. How can I give you getting speeds they slow with 4 bars of 4G? Does anyone have any recommendations?
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Super Slow Mr1100 Nighthawk

Hi @AnunC8

Please check the signal quality using the Diagnostics screen found under Settings > Nighthawk M1 Status > Diagnostics section using values below as reference: 

RSRP – The average power received from a single Reference signal, and Its typical range is around -44dbm (good) to -140dbm(bad). 

RSRQ – Indicates quality of the received signal, and its range is typically -19.5dB(bad) to -3dB (good).

If signal quality is bad then I suggest that you call AT&T to test the signal. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @AnunC8

Please check the signal quality using the Diagnostics screen found under Settings > Nighthawk M1 Status > Diagnostics section using values below as reference: 

RSRP – The average power received from a single Reference signal, and Its typical range is around -44dbm (good) to -140dbm(bad). 

RSRQ – Indicates quality of the received signal, and its range is typically -19.5dB(bad) to -3dB (good).

If signal quality is bad then I suggest that you call AT&T to test the signal. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
AnunC8
Aspirant

Thanks for the thought. Doesn't look good.
My RSRQ is currently -17
My RSRP is currently -106

I don't understand it. I bought an antenna with expensive, good quality cable and mounted on the roof to improve the signal. My tower is only a couple of miles away...

Is there anything I can do on my end?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7