× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Support for M2

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Support for M2

Hello everyone,

We have a number of these devices in our environment spread across the state, but have no capability to manage and or update them centrally.  While they are more of a consumer device, is there any plan to enable the centralisation of these?

Some things that we would love to do from a central location:

• Push config changes out.
  • Fireware updates
  • Whitelist updates

Without this the devices need to be recalled or never updated, which with security is not ideal.

Failing this, does anyone know of a portable mobile hotspot that is enterprise manaaged, seems to be a hole in the market.

Cheers

John

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Support for M2

@Blanca_O please (also move to Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems section, thank you!).

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

So know this has moved out of the insight forum, which is what the question was about, does anyone from Netgear have a comment?

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Insight is a SMB BU product, while the hotspots/MiFi routers/modems are consumer devices. I've requested moving it away because there is neither support for these devices in Insight not are there any plans to integrate as far as I know as a non-Netgear person.

A feature request for a mobile management platform does belongs to a different BU. Insight or any other implementation might be the possible platform. On my opinion, there might be not enough feature and capability overlap - similar for example Orbi Pro where adding it into Insight opened up discussions on feature gaps of the device side.

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks,

So there is no method to understand the roadmap going forward or to request support for the device with insight?

While I understand the M2 is consumer, there is no SMB or enterprise solution avalilable that performs this role for a mobile.

Cheers

John

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7