× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

USB Wifi Adapter can't install genie

Cronos115
Follower

USB Wifi Adapter can't install genie

Trying to setup my Wifi adapter but i dont have a cd drive and i tried installing the programs that it told me to but im using a macbook air to do the setup and i cant extract the .zip or turn it into anything, would be a big help thanks in advance

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: USB Wifi Adapter can't install genie

When I look up the system requirements for that adapter, it only shows as compatible with Windows 7/8/10/XP/Vista. 

Not Mac. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: USB Wifi Adapter can't install genie

Many questions are common to lots of devices but in this case your USB adapter is nothing like the "Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems" covered in this section.

@plemans has already answered your question, but if you need more help, try the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

WiFi Adapters - NETGEAR Communities

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7