× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Unable to access ReadyNAS Duo v1

Jantix
Tutor

Unable to access ReadyNAS Duo v1

Hello all!

I hope this is the right place to post. I cannot find any better site.

Anyway: I have a ReadyNAS Duo v1, and suddently I cannot reach it.

The system says something about SMB1. I don't understand any of it. How can I reach my files?

Best regards

Jan

Model: RND2210v1|READYNAS DUO v1 (2TB: 2 X 1TB)|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Hi Jan,
This is off-topic in the Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems forum area.

Anyway, to keep your WIndows 10 system workable with your legacy ReadyNAS, open "Turn Windows Features on and off" in the Windows Control Panel (simply search for "Windows features" in the "Type here to search" field!). Under "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" enable both "SMB 1.0/CIFS Client" _and_ "SMB 1.0/CIFS Server". The later one is required since newer Windows 10 builds because of the NetBIOS host discovery and name resolution is part of the server.

Regards,

-Kurt

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Hi Jan,
This is off-topic in the Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems forum area.

Anyway, to keep your WIndows 10 system workable with your legacy ReadyNAS, open "Turn Windows Features on and off" in the Windows Control Panel (simply search for "Windows features" in the "Type here to search" field!). Under "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" enable both "SMB 1.0/CIFS Client" _and_ "SMB 1.0/CIFS Server". The later one is required since newer Windows 10 builds because of the NetBIOS host discovery and name resolution is part of the server.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 2 of 4
Jantix
Tutor

Thank you!

I cannot find "Turn Windows Features on and off" here. It's probably called something else in Norwegian, but nothing here that rings a bell. I will try to find out, however. Thank you!

Jan

Message 3 of 4
Jantix
Tutor

Thank you again! So easy and yet so advanced. It worked! 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation