× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Unable to save changes on Nighthawk M2

kopiko
Aspirant

Unable to save changes on Nighthawk M2

firmware version: NTGx24_10.19.03.00
last checked 13/6/22

modem version: SDX24_10.25.02.03
PRI 05.02
firmware build date 2021/09/01

I am unable to make any changes and save it. If I do it on the touch screen, it says

not saved

error saving changes

If through website it says "saving...restart required for it to be applied"

So I tried a factory reset 3 ways but doesn't seem to be complete because the wifi password doesn't change. 

One way says "rebooting" and stays that way. 

I tried holding the reset button and cycling the power. It gets to a stage saying "downloading software" and but after an hour nothing changes.

Message 1 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Unable to save changes on Nighthawk M2

Hi @kopiko

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please know the device SKU (e.g. MR1100-100NAS)? This can be checked on the box of the product or on the barcode label

Have you tried using different browser? different device to change settings? 

Is the device powered on without the battery in? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
kopiko
Aspirant

Hello

sku: mr2100-a1tlaus

I usually have the router powered on by USB, no battery.
Just now I tried with Chrome on a laptop changing the wifi profile from dual band to 2.4 only and it gives me a popup saying I will need to reboot the router for the changes to be applied. It says applied but when I reboot it says  "rebooting"
I left it  for 5 minutes and pulled the power and repowered

This time I tried it on Edge.
Again, no battery, tried same thing but waited 7 minutes this time for it to reboot before pulling the power.  

I tried again, now with the battery plugged in, no USB, in Chrome. It is stuck on applying changes.
I connected my mobile phone to the wifi and tried changing the wifi profile, same thing, stuck on "applying"

Message 3 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi kopiko, 

Aside from this issue, do you have connectivity issue such as connecting to the network or intermittent connection? 

As this is a Telsta SKU, have you tried contacting them regarding this concern? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 5
kopiko
Aspirant

I took it to the Telstra shop and they said they could send it in to be looked at/repaird but it will cost money and to come back on a weekday when the something manager was in. I haven't been back since.

I think it has something to do with the firmware and it's been corrupted during an upgrade. I just want to factory reset it because when I first received it, it was fine. I think I may have unplugged the power while it was updating. 

I saw somewhere that the "factory reset" button isn't a full factory reset.. but to hold the reset button while cycling through power/no power/power but all that brought up was something like downloading software and that didn't fix the issue. How long was I meant to leave it on "downloading software"? 

Why does it cost money to factory reset properly?

I didn't know it was set to "automatically update." Is there a way to turn off this setting

I would say it impacts internet connectivity. At the beginning my laptop would only connect via ethernet. I think after i did the above power cycle, it's able to connect to the wifi now. but even now the laptop is showing it's connected to the wifi but no internet. But i can browse the internet. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7