× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Unlimited Data? Netgear nighthawk (AT&T) m1 mr1100 hotspot

TradeMTravisD
Follower

Unlimited Data? Netgear nighthawk (AT&T) m1 mr1100 hotspot

Are we all being mislead by the hotspot unlimited plans? Hotspot specific devices should have priority to unlimited data... Just as Smartphones do! Well for prepaid smartphones most providers offer unlimited 4gLTE data for the device's internet with/without-limits and throttle, but they still limit most mobile hotspotting to 5GB/10GB/25GB. Bought an unlocked AT&T m1 just to see and found that it will not provide data with an imei of SIM for a cell phone plan. NoNoNo AT&T wouldn't allow that... a standard SIM to work with their plans for all the supposed hotspotting miss-use on these routers. They instead had to require that I provide the nighthawk imei to allow the data to work and stated that I would only get 10GB for my 65$ dollar card. What a ripoff! Especially that someone using AT&T prepaid unlimited with mobile hotspot on a smartphone is allowed 25GB limit on a 40$ prepaid card. Really?!? Are these companies just pushing to eliminate hotspot all-togather? What ever happend to getting quality customer satisfaction.. And not Some automated support desk or an idiot following scripts to unsuccessfully help, is outright lame. As well I find same issue with straight talk, Verizon, and T-mobile. Any better options for those of us live the rv/camper freedom having lifestyle or just on the road with work a lot and can't have a cord attached? As like myself not wanting a cord attached for fiber at 175USD/month For stupid 200MB that still operates at 4gLTE speeds. Anyone else having this issue???
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Unlimited Data? Netgear nighthawk (AT&T) m1 mr1100 hotspot

this isn't a netgear issue. Its a provider (att/etc) issue. Netgear doesn't provide the data plan. 

Message 2 of 3
GoodandBaddog
Aspirant

Re: Unlimited Data? Netgear nighthawk (AT&T) m1 mr1100 hotspot

Have you found a plan that you can connect to through AT&T?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7