× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Using LG6100D on Verizon

OhioBen
Aspirant

Using LG6100D on Verizon

I have a LG6100D gateway/router for my small business. At first I thought this would be a great way to stick it to the man (Time Warner Cable), instead I found a way to feel screwed by Sprint instead of TWC.

Reasons I'd like to switch:

Poor reception:  We're in the middle of good Spark coverage per their map-, but I only get 3g most days

Escalating data ; While I was on vacation, with the office empty and locked I somehow racked up 1.4 gb in data usage?!

Cringe-worthy fees: I was told data overages were no big deal, that data would probably roll over or just be throttled to 2g past my limit, but my $540 bill last month left me wondering. I should have spent more time reading the fine print. Then I looked and I'm not sure the excess data usage is even accurate, but this isn't about that...

As this is a CDMA device, and Verizon also uses CDMA devices, is there any possible way to take this device to a verizon account?  Does netgear have non-sprint firmware available? Is there a way to use the settings burried in the \adv_index.asp GUI to make it happen without a non-sprint front end?

Or should I just let TWC have their way with me and pay the $120 a month for a 10mbs cable connection?

Edit: I own this device outright and unlocked it with the MSL code

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Using LG6100D on Verizon

Hello OhioBen

You would have to check with verizon to see if they can activate the device but this device was intended for sprint use only.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
OhioBen
Aspirant

DarrenM, thank you for your reply. Do you know if there are any features intrinsic to this physical device or the firmware that would prohibit its use on non-Sprint carriers?

Message 3 of 4
TGabriele
Tutor

Not sure if you ever got your answer, but none of Sprint and Verizon's LTE bands are the same, so I doubt you'd get LTE service on this device, probably just 3G.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7