× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Using MR1100 to supply net connection to another router

mcc74
Follower

Using MR1100 to supply net connection to another router

I have a Netgear Nighthawk M1 (4GX Gigabit LTE Mobile Router) providing 4G internet access. It works fine but the router capabilities don't meet my needs.

I intend to buy a high-end WIFI router and connect the M1 to this new router via the WAN port. The idea is that the M1 provides the internet connection and the new router is what I would connect all my devices to, taking advantage of the extra WIFI range and features it offers.

I've been trying to get this to work using an old Billion BiPac 8800NL router before I rush out to buy a new router, but I'm not getting anywhere. 

Does anyone know if it's possible to do this and can point me in the right direction?  

Thanks!

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2
W1lliam
Virtuoso

Re: Using MR1100 to supply net connection to another router

You can do that by setting your Billion BiPac 8800NL router's WAN as DHCP type of connection, plugged over M1's Ethernet, and you also need to configure M1 as IP Passthrough (Setup -> Mobile Router Setup -> On Disables WiFi on the mobile router) William
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7