× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Using Netgear LB2120 as 4g LTE modem with Billion 7800nxl as router

Victahugo
Aspirant

Using Netgear LB2120 as 4g LTE modem with Billion 7800nxl as router

Hi all I really hope someone can help me,

I am using a Netgear LB2120 as an LTE 4g modem with Optus (in Australia) and connecting as a "back up" modem for my BIPAC 7800nx. Yes I know the 7800nx is LTE enabled and i have tried that road using a Huawei E3372 LTE USB stick with the firmware update for the 7800nx but i was struggling to get 5mbps up or down. I ended up with the LB2120 due to someone at a Harvey Norman outlet ensuring me that this would work no problem even after i expressly said i need WiFi for various devices at home. I know I know i broke the first rule of buying tech - DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!!

Anyhow i finally managed to connect the two using EWAN etc (LAN out of LB2120 to EWAN in of 7800) and it worked and i was getting speed test of 55 down and 28 up. However the next time i turned on my computer... 13 up 6ish down 😞

Restart the LB2120 and its all good again...for a bit.

The really annoying thing is my mobile (iPhone 8 with Optus and in the same room as modem) gets 144 down 10 up on mobile data and 36 down 18 up using the Netgear/Billion set up.

Please please please what can i do? I'm stuck with the LB2120 but i wont mind if the 7800 can be changed for a more suitable device. It is after all a wee bit long in the tooth now.

I am running Windows 10 and i have no idea what other info you may need but if you have any suggestions please let me know. Its very frustrating especially as the Optus tower is just over the back from me (approx 1km away)

Also NBN is not an option at this time - its here but not here if you know what I'm saying.

Thanks heaps in advance,

Vicky

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Victahugo
Aspirant

Hello all,

Well you'll never guess but i plugged my set up in again and turned it all on and BINGO it works...

The speeds are okish for now untill the NBN gets sorted

Thanks heaps for your help - you know who you are 😉

Happy Networking to you all

Vix

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
dc5dd
Tutor

Try the lb2120 in failover connected to your computer and see what speeds you get consistently.
Message 2 of 3
Victahugo
Aspirant

Hello all,

Well you'll never guess but i plugged my set up in again and turned it all on and BINGO it works...

The speeds are okish for now untill the NBN gets sorted

Thanks heaps for your help - you know who you are 😉

Happy Networking to you all

Vix

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7