× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Utilizing a "Hot Spot" as an ethernet connection

JimGrz
Follower

Utilizing a "Hot Spot" as an ethernet connection

I need to task a 791L (Verizon (only reliable service at location)) as a internet access point at a remote location where physical security and connection stability is an issue. I believe we have a solution to the physical security by utilizing the MIMO external antenna installed on the exterior of the building and installing the 791 in the interior. My question is on the connectivity issue; at first I thought the 113 cradle would be the perfect solution as the network equipment that we are utilizing does not have a wireless connection (only ethernet) so the cradle would provide a spot for external antenna connection and ethernet connectivity to the equipment while maintaining the power source for the 791; but see in the other posts that it is not compatible with the 791L.

Is there a different cradle that is compatible with the 791L or is there another solution to this that can be utilized. We need to have the 791L connected to the charger at all times, so utilizing the Micro USB as a USB to ethernet converter will not work for our application.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Model: AirCard 791L|Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot (AC791L)
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Utilizing a "Hot Spot" as an ethernet connection

Hello JimGrz

We do not have another cradle that could do this.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7