× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

VOLTAGE VARIATION - 12 VOLT DC

vanwinkel
Follower

VOLTAGE VARIATION - 12 VOLT DC

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem.  This model designation was not a default so I use the MR1100, hopefully it also works on 12 volts.

This modem came in a small box and on the outside it had some "pictures" implying it was suited for "Vacation Home", "Kiosk/Pop Up Stand" and "Food Truck".  From the "Food Truck" I assumed that many users would use a "12 volt" supply directly from the vehicle instead of using the the 120 volt ac power adaper. The battery voltage in a vehicle will often go up to 14 volts when the engine is running.  Will this destroy the Modem?  Does anybody know if there is an acceptable voltage range for this Modem?

The manual says that the voltage input is 12 volts DC but does not give any variance.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 2
W1lliam
Virtuoso

Re: VOLTAGE VARIATION - 12 VOLT DC

You might need to buy a Car charger which provides USB connector, and need to have Quick Charge supported, so you can have a USB->Type-C cable connected to your MR1100, should not have DC12V plugged to MR1100 directly.

Here is one example of the products that you can take a look at, https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charge-Charger-PowerDrive-PowerIQ/dp/B016LOGVRE

William

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7