× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

VPN with DC112a Cradle and Aircard 810s

bnicho
Aspirant

VPN with DC112a Cradle and Aircard 810s

Hi,

A few months ago I purchased an Aicard 810s from Telstra.  Where I live there is no NBN and no ports at the exchange.  However 4G signal is very good.

My problem is using my work VPN.

With VPN Passthrough enabled on the AirCard 810s I can connect to the 810s wirelessly and connect to my work VPNvia "Crosslink".

When I put the 810s in my DC112a smart cradle, the cradle takes over WiFi duties and provided an ethernet connection.  I have no problems connecting my devices to the internet.

The problem is, I acn;'t work out how to configure  the DC112a cradle to allow VPN pass through.  If I connect via WiFi direct to the 810s, no problem.  If I connect to the cradle via WiFi or ethernet, the VPN will not connect.

Any suggestions, as I am certain I am not the first one to try this?  I have read the DC112a manual and tried various things in there but it has not resolved the problem. 

Thanks,

Brett.

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: VPN with DC112a Cradle and Aircard 810s

Hello bnicho

Have you tried under internet settings on the DC112a to select only use mobile broadband option and also have you done all the port forwarding on the DC112a?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7