× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: WAC120 DETAILED installation help for newb

lund33
Follower

WAC120 DETAILED installation help for newb

I am about ready to put this thing in a vice and burn it. I do not understand anything that is not plug and play. I have had this thing for almost a year and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to work. I have searched every combination possible in google and youtube to find help as to how to set this WAP up with the same, abbreviated instructions at the end of every search. I NEED STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FO RHOW TO SUCCESSFULLY CHANGE MY IP ADDRESS TO STATIC WITHIN WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL 64-BIT. I HAVE TRIED AND I CANNOT GET TO THE NETGEAR MENU AS DESCRIBED IN THE INSTRUCTIONS. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Model: WAC120|SOHO 802.11ac Gigabit Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 11
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi lund33,

I'm sorry you are having a difficult time setting up your WAC120. The link below is a step by step guide to set up your WAC120.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WAC120/WAC120_IG_5June2014.pdf

As for changing your PC's ip address to static. You can youtube "Change my ip address to static windows 7". There will be a list of results that shows you step by step on how to proceed.

Please let me know if this fixes your issue. :]

- Jason N

Message 2 of 11
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi lund33,

I just wanted to check in and see if this has fixed you issue.

Please let me know :]

- Jason N

Message 3 of 11
Juliwade01
Aspirant

Can anyone help. I had everything set up and running fine, but after my son rebooted our main hub (I use the wac to extend the Wi-Fi so I can use in my attic room) the previously connected devices all see it but fail to obtain the up address
Message 4 of 11
MAGADE
Guide

Hi, perhaps a conflict IP adresse due to DHCP reservation faulty.

The reboot perhaps stop IP lease.

try to assign IP adresse of router LAN port or hub LAN port in a DHCP RESERVATION.

Message 5 of 11
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Juliwade01,

I just wanted to check in and see if your issue has been resolved. If not, have you tried MAGADE's suggestion?

Please let us know. :]

- Jason N

Message 6 of 11
Juliwade01
Aspirant

Hi Magade
Can you/someone advise how I check this and rectify?
Cheers
Julie
Message 7 of 11
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Juliwade01,

Have you tried doing a factory reset on your device? Please hold the reset button on the back for 10-15 seconds and let the unit boot all the way up.

Please let me know if this works for you. :]

- Jason N

Message 8 of 11
Juliwade01
Aspirant

I tried the factory reset. Had to also turn off/On before WiFi would begin broadcasting again. I now (still) have an access point that my devices can see but fail to access up address, with the added bonus that I am now no longer password protected, so will have to reset that if I ever get things working again. So no unfortunately it has not solved the problem. Sorry if this sounds sarcastic but getting a bit fed up, especially as this is a replacement wac120 only got it from Netgear in Dec 2017.
Message 9 of 11
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Juliwade01,

Can you please explain your physical set up so it can further help me with finding a solution? Thank you. :]

- Jason Nguyen

Message 10 of 11
Juliwade01
Aspirant

Hi Jason Nguyen

I have a virgin media hub 3.0 connected via ethernet cable to an online plug on my ground floor, 2 floors up I have the wac120 connected via Ethernet cable to the pair of the plug and have used this to enable WiFi in my attic bedroom.

Julie

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7