× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

WN300

iluvs2fish
Follower

WN300

My Firestick tv just told me in network settings that my router is set to channel 1 and should be set to channel 4. I installed Nighthawk app on my phone and tried to find QR code on back of router. App told me none of the 4 numbers on the back of router are the QR code. Can someone help?

I have no idea why its set to Channel 1 but tv is constantly buffering. Can't watch anything on TCM,  HULU etc w/o buffering. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: WN300

wn300 isn't a router model. 

What model router do you have? 

What internet speeds do you pay for? 

I'd also recommend streaming on 5ghz versus 2.4ghz. 2.4ghz is much slower and sensitive to interference. It might help a little bit to switch to channel 4 if the issue if from interference. But if the issues is because of the slow speed of 2.4ghz, an upgrade might be a better option. 

I'd also recommend trying to log into the router through the browser. 

you can also go to netgear.com/support/   type in your actual model number. It'll take you to the support site with manuals, firmware, and troubleshooting. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7