× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

When Two devices connected to hotspot ping doubles= Lagggggggg

Bradyboy24
Aspirant

When Two devices connected to hotspot ping doubles= Lagggggggg

Running one device hardwired with 4 bars of LTE I usually get anywhere from 60-129 on the ping and the minuet I hook another device to the hotspot I get 200-400 on the ping and three renders it usless. All I am doing is streaming and 720P resolution. I have 4 bars of LTE and 20MBS of Download bandwidth and between 2-4 of Upload. Second device I've had and I Know AT&T is heavily used in my area. I am trying to figure out if this is network congestion or the device? Here is my setup. Mobile hotspot on IP passthrough to a Netgear night hawk router configured with the proper settings. Regardless if I just use the hotspot or the hotspot passing the ip to the router I get the same issue. Via wifi or hardwired. Please help! 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Bradyboy24
Aspirant

Re: When Two devices connected to hotspot ping doubles= Lagggggggg

I fixed it, in the settings of the cellular settings of the hotspot I changed it from just AT&T's LTE network to LTE all and now my speeds have doubled and my ping is way more solid than it was with prior settings. Its almost like the hotspot could not see all the LTE bands/channels at&t is using but its been about 3 weeks now of steady reliable connectivity. Netgear hotspot is on ip passthrough with DCHP turned off. Hotspot is just acting as a gateway and the nighthawk router ac1700 or something like that is just acting as the router. Works beautifully 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Bradyboy24
Aspirant

Re: When Two devices connected to hotspot ping doubles= Lagggggggg

I fixed it, in the settings of the cellular settings of the hotspot I changed it from just AT&T's LTE network to LTE all and now my speeds have doubled and my ping is way more solid than it was with prior settings. Its almost like the hotspot could not see all the LTE bands/channels at&t is using but its been about 3 weeks now of steady reliable connectivity. Netgear hotspot is on ip passthrough with DCHP turned off. Hotspot is just acting as a gateway and the nighthawk router ac1700 or something like that is just acting as the router. Works beautifully 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7