× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Where can I Download the Latest Firmware for MR1100 EUS

KaiKropp
Aspirant

Where can I Download the Latest Firmware for MR1100 EUS

In urgently need to re-flash my firmware after an OTA update to NTG9X50C_12.06.12.00!

Due to the USB Flash Drive Mounting Bug my Router stoped to operate once again. (So still not fixed on the latest update).

The only way to re-enable the router would be a complete re-flash but i just learned the latest FW on the Support Page is 12.06.11.00 which will not flash on a device that allready had an update to 12.06.12.00!

Please anybody who has the lates pakage on Hand post alink or PM me with instructions where to download it.

I what to go on vecation in a few days and urgently need my router to run by then!

Best Regards,

Kai

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 7
erichsch
Star

Look at this link: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/MR1100EUS-Firmware-V12-06-12-00-plea...

Netgear is not able to put the last Firmware in their Downloadcenter.

I dont know why?!

Message 2 of 7
KaiKropp
Aspirant

**bleep** support and even more **bleep** product! 300€ and a year of work and never worked reliable for more then a few hours!

as soon as i resurected it (some day they will relese this firmware!) i´ll sell it like a hot potato.

Allready build an old FritzBox with a LTE stick in my RV to replace this....

Most epic fail of hardware i had in years!

Message 3 of 7
erichsch
Star

the newest firmware is not so bad.

but i cannot install it over OTA. there is a problem in my router. i can make updates only direct with a download.

but the last Firmware will not find the way into the downloadcenter.

so i have asked Netgear to put it in their downloadcenter.

my first question for newest Firmware to NETGEAR was two month ago. 

NO SOLUTION FROM NETGEAR! BAD SUPPORT!

Message 4 of 7
KaiKropp
Aspirant

It still has the cathastropic bug that once you use a external drive with it and the router shut´s down or enters standby on it´s own you have a 1 to 5 chance it never ever will provide WiFi nor LTE Connection again.

Only way out is you re-flash and re-setup the thing. I baought it a year ago, exchanged it two times and sriouesly did not use it for more then a hour without failure...

this happend again only a vew minutes after updating to the latest FW because the router did shut down on a "overheated battery" new bug more fun....

I bought it last year for a 5 week trip to scandinavia, it failed the first time a day befor we land to start. delayed my trip to wait for a replacement wich faild again 10 Minutes after i installed it.

went on the trip without a router (pain wiht two teenagers on board ).

when i returned i replaced the router a secound time, only to learn it failed again after the first aout standby! beeing a long year professional in electronics and IT i now was sure this is not a hardware bug at all and started inverstigating the problem togehter with netgear.

Solution, if it fails reflash and reinstall, shut of all auto standby! wich worked ( while unsatisfactory ) and has never revieced a real fix to day!

now the f**ed it up again a week befor i go on a 4 weeks trip!!! I´m done with it! 300€ wasted not speaking about the time invested in this. 

And now i have a brick on the desk that i cannot even re-sell to compensate the loss...

Message 5 of 7
erichsch
Star

... and no help from NETGEAR. 😞

You must remember this when you will buy a new Router. 

I will remember the "famous" support from NETGEAR!

All Network components in my home are from NETGEAR.

WIFI 6 and Mesh is coming and i change to ASUS.

Message 6 of 7
KaiKropp
Aspirant

Mi first Netgear product in years... and for sure my last for quite a while. In the pre WiFi Ethernet Age they made great products i used a lot on my projects... Seems now they are only good in makreting as so many great companies from the past.

the only support you get is copy & past answers given by people that do not even have a clue what tehy are talking about...

A year ago after some mailing back and forth i god hold of a guy who was able to help a little bit, but he has left the company since...

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7