× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Where is the Nighthawk MR2100 firmware that supports Port Forwarding?

babel
Tutor

Where is the Nighthawk MR2100 firmware that supports Port Forwarding?

Hi,

I see a number of previous threads all lamenting the lack of the port forwarding support on the Nighthawk M2.

I recently purchased two of these, having the temerity to assume such a basic feature would be supported, as it has been previously.

Previous threads all seem to be marked as 'Solved' and essentially pointing to six month old answers that a new firmware is coming.

Well, I'm starting to think that this highly desired firmware is maybe not coming.

I'm impressed with this device's performance, but the lack of port forwarding is a deal breaker for me, and I'd like to know if I need to seek a refund instead of waiting.

I would be happy to offer my time to perform beta testing of the new firmware if required.

Can we please get either an ETA for the new firmware with port forwarding support, or confirmation that it is unlikely to ever be released?

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Where is the Nighthawk MR2100 firmware that supports Port Forwarding?

Hi @babel

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May we please know the device SKU? The device SKU can be checked on the box of the product or on the barcode label, which should indicate MR2100-xxx. 

MR2100 EUS SKU has port forwarding feature enabled. Please check if you have the latest firmware. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 10
babel
Tutor

Hi @Blanca_O 

Device SKU: MR2100-1TLAUS

Firmware: NTGX24_10.13.05.00 
Firmware Build Date: 2019/05/14  (which the device reports as 'up-to-date')

Any chance of an ETA for a new firmware with port forwarding support for this, or is one unlikely to ever be released?

Message 3 of 10
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@babel wrote:

Hi @Blanca_O 

Device SKU: MR2100-1TLAUS

Firmware: NTGX24_10.13.05.00 
Firmware Build Date: 2019/05/14  (which the device reports as 'up-to-date')

Any chance of an ETA for a new firmware with port forwarding support for this, or is one unlikely to ever be released?

Sorry for replying late.

A maintenance release has been submitted to Telstra for approval testing. Port forwarding has been enabled in the MR release. We will post the release as soon as Telstra approve the release.

Thanks for your patient.

Thanks

Message 4 of 10
babel
Tutor

Thanks @JohnPeng, that's great news! 🙂

Can you give any idea of roughly when the maintenance release was submitted to Telstra, and how long these approvals usually take on average?

Message 5 of 10
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@babel wrote:

Thanks @JohnPeng, that's great news! 🙂

Can you give any idea of roughly when the maintenance release was submitted to Telstra, and how long these approvals usually take on average?

The release was submitted to Telstra on April 2nd. Usually it would take 2 weeks for the approval testing. But this one may be delayed by some other high prioirty products. Please standby.

Thanks

Message 6 of 10
babel
Tutor

@JohnPeng wrote:

The release was submitted to Telstra on April 2nd. Usually it would take 2 weeks for the approval testing. But this one may be delayed by some other high prioirty products. Please standby.

Thanks

Hi again, So that's been about 10 weeks... any chance of a follow-up please?

Message 7 of 10
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@babel wrote:

@JohnPeng wrote:

Thanks

Hi again, So that's been about 10 weeks... any chance of a follow-up please?

Telstra has approved the release last week. The release will be posted online on your Monday morning. Please check.

Thanks

Message 8 of 10
Andrew50
Aspirant

Telstra allowed an online firmware update today

https://imgur.com/a/97zOTRR.png 

It has Port Forwarding but I haven't tested it.

Message 9 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Andrew50

Thank you for the update. Please let us know the result after you have tested it. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7