× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Why Has 5 GHz WiFi stopped after firmware update

rabbieb
Guide

Why Has 5 GHz WiFi stopped after firmware update

I updated my M1 Nighthawk firmware to NTG9X50C_10.25.01.00 and now I've gotno 5.0 GHz connection.

Settings / Setup / Wifi Profiles shows that 2.4 & 5.0 are still enabled as before but I cannot connect to the (name)_5G network. 

Did the usual reboot / power recycle, no effect.

[ BTW the unit is a Nighthawk M1 4GX LTE but the model field didn't recognise this. ]

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 1 of 10
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Why Has 5 GHz WiFi stopped after firmware update

Hi rabbieb,

When you say the usual reboot, did you mean a factory reset? (holding the reset button for at least 10-15 seconds and then let it boot all the way up.

Please let me know. :]

- Jason N

Message 2 of 10
rabbieb
Guide

Hi Jason

Latest situation - did a factory reset - that did not roll back the firmware - still have multiple wifi connectivity issues - decided to try and reinstall the firmware - cannot do that - Netgear's download site says no firmware available for this model - cannot reinstall from the device because it says firmware is uptodate - cannot do roll back either - Telstra says it does not provide device support it is Netgear's problem. So I'm stuck. 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 3 of 10
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi rabbieb,

I know you are on the other thread as well. In the other post I said I will forward this to my internal team and have them look into it. I will update everyone when I receive more information. :]

- Jason N

Message 4 of 10
winger13
Guide

Just for a data point, after the M1 firmware upgrade yesterday, I just turned on my device's 5ghz (I normally only run the 2.4ghz to save battery) - and it works.

Message 5 of 10
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi winger13,

Thank you for notifying us on that and that your issue has been resolved. :]

- Jason N

Message 6 of 10
winger13
Guide

@JasonN
You are mistaken in you statement/understanding - I never experienced the issue covered by this thread. I am simply chiming in letting people my this works after the Firmware update.
Message 7 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

rabbieb what devices have you tried using to access the 5Ghz network?

Message 8 of 10
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Hi @rabbieb,

Winger and I have the USA version (On AT&T) so we have different firmware that your Australian version.  But I have seen some reports of issues with Wifi connectivity following the most recent (March) US firmware update.  These seem to have been addressed (n=1) by performing one or more factor resets on the MR1100 -- which I think you said you have already tried.

I use 5.8GHz exclusively on my device with a variety of devices -- iPhones, iPads, Windows laptops (Dell, Lenovo), and a Samsung S7  Edge.  No issues here on firmware version NTG9X50C_12.02.06.00.  See this thread:New Firmware -- AT&T USA

But, unfortunately since each country and carrier have different firmware versions and there appear to be different branches for with and without Arlo, expericences of US MR1100 users may not have any relevance to you.

Good luck,

Jonathan

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 9 of 10
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi winger13,

Sorry I misunderstood what you meant with your statement. 

- Jason N

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7