× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

ac815s (Unite Explore) connect to wired ethernet device ?

dlbrum
Aspirant

ac815s (Unite Explore) connect to wired ethernet device ?

Thinking of going wireless only.   Are there adapters for non-pc devices that plug  into RJ45 ports and emulate wired connections from a mifi hotspot device connection ?    

Message 1 of 6
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ac815s (Unite Explore) connect to wired ethernet device ?

Hi dlbrum,

I am trying to understand what setup you are looking for. Can you be more detailed on what setup you're trying to pursue?

Thank you :]

- Jason N

Message 2 of 6
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Dlbrum,

I wanted to check in on you and see if you are able to provide me the answer to my question.

Please let me know :]

- Jason N

Message 3 of 6
dlbrum
Aspirant

I decided to go with the Nighthawk.    I was trying to figure out how to extend an internal network to include wired internet devices like my little SAN box,   various PC boxes,  my home theater receiver,  tv and so on.   What I really wanted to find was a wireless downstream router for the hotspot that communicated wirelessly with the hotspot/router,   instead of using a wired connection.   So I looked around and found Arlo,  and those types of solution.    I think that for now,   I'll keep my slow DSL and play with the hotspot in preparation for arrival of 5G,  and maybe dump DSL at that point.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 4 of 6
dlbrum
Aspirant

Of course,  in my reply,  I meant to say "orbi"   not "arlo"  as the device that would communicate router - router wirelessly.   Sigh.

Early onset senility is not all it's cracked up to be.

Thanks for your help !

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 5 of 6
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dlbrum,

haha I was thinking you meant Orbi. I'm glad you have found a work around for now.

Please let me know if you need anything else. :]

- Jason N

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7