× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: broadband disconnected

intoxicthreat
Follower

broadband disconnected

Today I woke up to my Broadband disconnected again. Some of the issues reported already never really gave a clear answer on how to fix this issues. If T-mobile is really blocking the connection to my Nighthawk M1 due to the 12.06.08.00 FW. How can we fix it? 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 66
Bbrower812
Aspirant

Re: NTG9X50C_12.06.11.00 firmware

Im also having this problem...i don't have an option to upload the firmware under the firmware section of the manager. I cant use my router at all...it says connection disconnected on the front screen, ive tried a factory rest and everything...
Message 2 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please upgrade to the new release. If T-Mobile blocks the SIM card to work with M1, there is nothing we can do right now.

We will work with T-Mobile to check whether they can certify M1 and then will not block the service.

Thanks

Message 3 of 66
thegalline
Tutor

My Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router(MR1100) is locked up - bricked?.  It auto updated on Monday. For 2 days it seemed to work ok, but Thursday when I powered it up it is dead. Message on router “mobile broadband disconnected”. Cannot access device with mobile appt. passwords don’t work.  I use T mobile. sn 5K1188N5006B1

I talked with T mobile tech support yesterday and they see no problem on their end.

What do I do to fix it? I have a lot of money tied up with this product that is 7 months old.

Message 4 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Most likely, the device was blocked by T-Mobile when you use the T-Mobile SIM.

Can you try the SIM card work on your phone?

Thanks

Message 5 of 66
thegalline
Tutor

John

Thank you for responding.  I don’t feel competent in doing that myself. I will take the router back to T mobile where they put in the chip and have them check it.  besides I dont want to damage any other of my equipment.

Could you please supply me with the fault tree on this problem so I can have them help me fix it. I don’t know if they are up on this problem so any info you can supply me with so I can bring them up to date would be helpful.

Question: the chip has been in the device for over six months without a problem. Did the firmware damage the chip? What has changed to lead you to believe that the chip is the source of the problem? If we put in a new chip will the device come back with the old passwords? What will I have to do to get this back working?

Again any info you can supply me with for T mobile would be helpful. I only want to make one trip. I have already lost a day of work over this.

Regards

Alan

Message 6 of 66
Webbwulf
Tutor

I'm having the exact same problem. Ive reset and rebooted haven't had this problem unless I've gone over my limit and I have not. My provide said its a problem with better and tmobile
Message 7 of 66

Would you advise downgrading the Firmware by USB connection? Or do you have some sort of timeline on a patch?
Thanks!

Message 8 of 66
Webbwulf
Tutor

It's netgear side of things it the patch
Message 9 of 66

I agree. Had the same issue with an ATT sim, so it's definitely a Netgear issue. I have @JohnPeng responding to my messages, so hopefully it will get resolved soon.

Message 10 of 66

I had my ISP guy have another customer try this and it seems to have worked for the time being. Add another APN. APN Name "broadband", APN "broadband", PDP "IPV4", then none and none. I'm trying it now.

Message 11 of 66

Re: broadband disconnected- no fixes yet

broadband/broadband in APN didn't work. Tried activated att sim and tmobile sim. Neither worked. This is a confirmed Netgear issue! Why? 

Message 12 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Sorry, I misinterpreted the issue. We released an update fw to address the broadband discussion issue on Feb 13th. Please do a manual upgrade check to upgrade your device to the latest release.

Thanks
Message 13 of 66

Might you be able to recommend how it can check for an update when it isn't getting service? Please proved the download link.

Message 14 of 66
zamboni33
Tutor

I am having the same issue all of a sudden on AT&T. I cannot access the MR1100 on attwifimanager and have no idea if this is due to a firmware update. I’ve tried connecting to my computer via Ethernet and USB-C and cannot access the device.
It does not appear on my WiFi list.
I have tried resetting it to factory settings too many times to count.

It shows it’s connected at 4G but it’s not transmitting the signal.

Very frustrating! I have too much money invested in this setup to walk away. Someone fix this!
Message 15 of 66

I WAS able to update my firmware by using my cell phone SIM (att) in my MR1100. It updated the 12.06.08.00 to the 12.06.11.00 firmware, but I still cannot connect. I don't know if this will help you, but it's worth a try. I've gone round and round with @JohnPeng to no avail. My issue was with the firmware pushed by T-mobile (12.06.08.00) so I don't even know if 12.06.11.00 is compatible with T-mobile at all. Still no repsonse from @JohnPeng , or @Blanca_O for that matter.

Message 16 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Could you please let me know what kind of alerts are displayed on the LCD when you use T-Mobile SIM card? As I mentioned that when you use T-Mobile SIM, the device complains SIM is not ready, which could mean that the SIM card is SIM PIN enabled. You need to log in to WebUI to check the detailed alert status.

Please also provide the SKU name: MR1100-xxxxxx. It is printed on the product label.

Thanks

Message 17 of 66
Bornmega
Aspirant

I'm also in the same boat and a Tmobile sim inside. I've spoken to tmobile customer service and was told everything on their checks out fine. I went in and got a sim change in case it was the sim card, still getting the same problem. I've tried the new sim in another device and works perfectly fine. I went to an att retail store an borrowed an active sim and it connected, but I couldn't push a firmware update.
Message 18 of 66
Bornmega
Aspirant

Message 19 of 66
Bornmega
Aspirant

Message 20 of 66

I did the firmware push through the GUI with my ATT sim. However, Tmobile gave us a new APN to connect to, but you should ask your ISP to work with Tmobile for that, as it could be different for each reseller.

Message 21 of 66
Bornmega
Aspirant

The apn hasn't changed unless they gave you a different one but my ISP is Tmobile and the apn is fast.t-mobile.com. Also when I inserted the Att sim and did the check firmware it said I was on the latest one 12.05.05.00
Message 22 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Based on the FW release version, you are using AT&T device. If that is the case, I don't think you can use it on T-Mobile since AT&T device is locked to AT&T network.

For your information, our latest AT&T release is on FW 12.05.05.14.

Thanks

Message 23 of 66
Bornmega
Aspirant

I've unlocked it already. My M1 has been working with tmobile since October 2019 up until the beginning of February
Message 24 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Definitely, this is T-Mobile network issue. Please contact T-Mobile. As stated by melwiththecell, she work around this by contacting T-Mobile to get a new APN. 

Please give it a try.

Thanks

Message 25 of 66
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7