× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: broadband disconnected

thegalline
Tutor

John

SKU   MR1100-100NAS

LCD message  “T Mobile broadband disconnected   Your data connection is disconnected”

This weekend I wasted 2 hours of my life that I will not get back trying to get the hotspot to work.  I did a paper clip reset and was finally able to look at the device with my tablet and desktop  using Netgear mobile and http://192.168.1.1/. 

The firmware version that is in the device is NTG9X50C_12.06.11.00 . Is that the right firmware?  On both dashboards the check for updates doesn’t work, they are grayed out. 

I tried to down load from your website what is posted as the latest version and previous version and manually load the versions to no avail. Got a code 16? Error.

I don’t know what the h…  WebUI is and to be honest I don’t care to know.

I need the proper firmware that will download because from what I can tell, you guys downloaded something other than what you website says is current.

I bought the hotspot from Amazon last June and it was billed as being unlocked for any sim card.  And besides, it has been working properly since the end of last June.

John, do us all a favor and stop guessing and get us some answers or someone that can.

Message 26 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Yes. Your device is on the latest FW release already. How did you upgrade your device?

Please contact T-Mobile directly. The issue is not a device issue. Other customers on this thread has contacted T-Mobile and got a new APN to make the device works again on T-Mobile.

Thanks

John

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 27 of 66
Bornmega
Aspirant

Post the the apn so we can all get our M1 working. Otherwise tmobile only has 2 that I'm aware of. The standard fast.t-mobile.com and pcweb.tmobile.com and neither have worked for me.
Message 28 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Message 29 of 66
thegalline
Tutor

John

just spent 1.5 hr on the phone with T mobile. the APN settings I have are correct.

The problem is yours to fix.

Message 30 of 66
Bornmega
Aspirant

Yea the whole link about Sierra wireless didn't help at all.
Message 31 of 66
Bornmega
Aspirant

I spoke with tmobile tech support again and they verified that my hotspot imei is not being blocked or banned on their network and their apn is still the same. Tech support suggested that maybe the antenna on the broadband chipset might be the problem as I stated here before and also to the tech support rep at tmobile that an att sim card works. My device has been unlocked since October.
Message 32 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please check whether APN: "b2b.static" works for you?

As you stated, the device works on AT&T network, not on TMobile. This shows that the T-Mobile issue is due to the network. They are excercising the same codes on the device.

Thanks

Message 33 of 66
Bornmega
Aspirant

I've tried both apn's on the that site you linked and didn't make a difference.
Message 34 of 66

Here is my process and I've had success since:
(MR1100 on T-mobile, "Mobile Broadband Disconnected" after FW update 12.06.08.00). I tried my ATT SIM from my cell phone and it worked, so I know it isn't the device per se, only the device when being used with T-mobile. This MIGHT only work for the subscribers with Simnet, but I can't be sure. Follow these steps exactly and see if you get better results.
1. I used the ATT SIM to update the firmware through the GUI. Had battery installed and did so wirelessly. Updated to 12.06.11.00. (I don't think there is a download page for this FW, so I don't know of any way to update it with upload through GUI.)

2. Took out battery and powered through USB-c. Factory reset device with button on back.

3. Inserted T-mobile SIM. Still error.
4. Logged in to GUI wirelessly and changed APN Name to "Fix" and APN to the "b2b.static" with IPv4 chosen for both PDP and PDP Roaming. I did not change anything else (wifi name, pw, etc).

5.  Factory reset AGAIN with button.
6. Inserted SIM.
7. Connected wirelessly and double-checked to make sure the "Fix" was chosen in "Cellular".
8. Set up modem with Wifi name password, etc. 
9. Power cycle modem.
10. Connected! 

I would recommend you message @JohnPeng the json, he can translate exactly what's going on. I don't know the command line to use.

Message 35 of 66

Please see my above post. I don't know if it will work for you, but this was the solution provided by the company I bought my service from. It MIGHT just work for their clients, I'm not sure. I'm suspect the carriers are trying to lock down the fraudulent 3rd party resellers, so I would go back to whoever sold you the device or SIM card. I've had my MR1100 for a while, and so far so good. This is the first time something like this has happened, and I have a pretty decent company who dealt with T-mobile so I didn't have to.

Message 36 of 66
zamboni33
Tutor

First, I am not a techy person so pardon the layman terms.

I have AT&T. I was finally able to get into the GUI with help from the Netgear Support line. The IP was way off somehow. Support used ipconfig command to determine what is was and walked me through correcting it via Ethernet connection to my computer.
I don’t have the option to update the firmware yet so when it does update I will probably have additional issues.

But, I found my AT&T MR1100 (on IP pass through) was using a static IP. Once I got that changed in my Netgear R7000 router, the router auto-changed its IP to 10.0.0 and everything is working once again. For now anyway.
Message 37 of 66

Ah yes. I forgot to mention that I had to go change the connection in my router so it could reach the modem with that static IP (and subnet mask). My router is the WND3400, so I don't know if all of the settings navigations are the same. I know each model has different features, but it sure would be nice if the user interface were standardized. I'm glad they were able to help you! So far I've been very impressed with Netgear support (both by phone and here.) I certainly wish the techs at T-mobile were as knowledgeable! I have had to teach more chat representatives (and their managers..... yes I'm a Karen) the difference between speeds (kbps) and 4G (G is for generation, NOT short for "gigabyte") more than you know. I'm not saying a layman should know this, but definitely a representative of the company promoting "fastest" and "best" LOL!

Message 38 of 66
Mrojas
Aspirant

Hello, this morning the same problem occurred to me. I have an ATT lte router mr1100, and the screen displayed “mobile broadband disconnected” i have the latest firmware (12.05.05.14). Is there a fix for this?
Message 39 of 66
thegalline
Tutor

John

This has been a week now of you poking and hoping that a customer will fix this Netgear problem. 

What is Netgear doing to fix this and when do they feel it will be fixed and when can we expect new Firmware? Is Netgear working with T mobile to fix this?

You hoping that a customer will fix your problem with convoluted work a rounds is not acceptable. 

Message 40 of 66
Bornmega
Aspirant

Yea I've pretty much given up. I tried everything that was suggested in this forum and anything I can think off. Tmobile says they haven't done anything on the network and account side. So..... because of the calling in and visiting tmobile stores about the issue, they're sending me a Franklin t9 mobile hotspot. I'll admit it's only cat 4 as opposed to the m1's cat16 with mimo but it supports up to band 71 where the m1 stops at band 66.
Message 41 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Mrojas wrote:
Hello, this morning the same problem occurred to me. I have an ATT lte router mr1100, and the screen displayed “mobile broadband disconnected” i have the latest firmware (12.05.05.14). Is there a fix for this?

Are you using AT&T service or T-Mobile service?

Thanks

Message 42 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Bornmega wrote:
Yea I've pretty much given up. I tried everything that was suggested in this forum and anything I can think off. Tmobile says they haven't done anything on the network and account side. So..... because of the calling in and visiting tmobile stores about the issue, they're sending me a Franklin t9 mobile hotspot. I'll admit it's only cat 4 as opposed to the m1's cat16 with mimo but it supports up to band 71 where the m1 stops at band

What is the SKU of your M1? (MR1100-xxxxxx). If it is possble, please help to capture a model.json log when you use the T-Mobile SIM.

Please confirm the SIM card is working with your new device?

Thanks

Message 43 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@thegalline wrote:

John

This has been a week now of you poking and hoping that a customer will fix this Netgear problem. 

What is Netgear doing to fix this and when do they feel it will be fixed and when can we expect new Firmware? Is Netgear working with T mobile to fix this?

You hoping that a customer will fix your problem with convoluted work a rounds is not acceptable. 

Could you please help to capture a model.json log with the T-Mobile SIM? It will help us to fidn out what is wrong with the account or the device.

Thanks

Message 44 of 66
thegalline
Tutor

hello John

i dont know what is or how to obtain a "model.json log". please advise.

Message 45 of 66
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@thegalline wrote:

hello John

i dont know what is or how to obtain a "model.json log". please advise.

Step 1: Open 192.168.1.1 on your browser.

Step 2: Input the account and password if necessary (admin/password)

Step 3: type 192.168.1.1/model.json

Step 4: Select everything (Ctrl + A), then copy-paste it into a text file.

Step 5: Save the text file as model.json_log.txt

Step 6: Submit the Log file

Message 46 of 66
thegalline
Tutor

john 

where do you want me to send it?

Message 47 of 66
thegalline
Tutor

John

received your PM.  I looked at the file and there seems to be a lot of personal and proprietary data in it.

I have a call into T mobile. I want them to tell me it is ok and safe for me to share.

thank you for understanding.

Message 48 of 66
thegalline
Tutor

John

Sorry, but T mobile recommended that I not share that file.

I talked with one of the Sr tech reps  and he is going to escalate the problem report.

If you have not done so I would suggest you contact T mobile to get this fixed and not depend on your customers.

Message 49 of 66
thegalline
Tutor

John

Where do we stand with this problem? 

Has Netgear made any progress toward a solution? When can we expect to get a fix? 

It has been 2 weeks since my hotspot stopped working.

Message 50 of 66
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7