× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

mr1100 cannot obtain ip address

RedRaspberry
Guide

mr1100 cannot obtain ip address

I have an unlocked ATT Nighthawk MR100 router.  Originaly I could connect with it through a browser on either my laptop or phone and entered the unlock code.  Then was able to change the APN to the correct one.

But when I put in a SIM for my cell company I then get the error message Device locked visit http://attwifimanager

Both my phone and laptop can see the wifi connection to the ATT-WIFI-bYN3.  But fail on connection due to not getting an IP address.  Even if I tqke the SIM back out it cannot connect due to IP issues.

The Netgear app from this site aslo says the ATT-WIFI-bYN3 is not supported by the app.  version 7.14.1909.192

Would doing a factory reset lock it back to ATT?

Using Win 10 and a MOTO G7 phone.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
RedRaspberry
Guide

Re: mr1100 cannot obtain ip address

I had to do a factory reset and then enter the unlock code again.  It all worked then when I put the new SIM in.  It is a TMobile SIM.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

"But when I put in a SIM for my cell company I then get the error message Device locked visit http://attwifimanager"

What SIM card you used here? The above info shows that your device is not unlocked from AT&T.

Thanks

Message 2 of 3
RedRaspberry
Guide

I had to do a factory reset and then enter the unlock code again.  It all worked then when I put the new SIM in.  It is a TMobile SIM.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7