× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

netgear 762s..

trik
Aspirant

netgear 762s..

Hi all,
How you all.?
hope 1 of you can help me.

I have netgear aircard 762s. Its on bill pay, its a great little unit, im pleased with it.
I have it mostly just for my laptop, but i have played my PS3 online with it & it is a great little unit.
Yes sometimes the signal drops or would i be correct to say lag's alittle sometimes, sometimes this is a problem for my PS3 but not usually.

Ive had this unit for about 10months, i had another unit pre to this 762s, i got the 762s as an upgrade from 3g to 4g from my provider (three.ie).
4g is still not in my area yet, but i have used the 4g on my 762s at my parents so i no this works.
Im usually on 3g (on the screen of the unit) like i say 4g does work but not in my home.
But later ive seen DC showing on the 762s screen.

Ive noticed this because my PS3 wont allow me to play online, & i get a message on the tv telling me to check my internet or the gaming servers could be down or to check my PS3 connection test.
So 1st i checked Ps3 connection test - this is all ok..
2nd checked with a friend a few mile away from to make sure the game is working (that the servers are working, as we was in a game party) - this was ok...
3rd i checked my 762s unit its powered up - ok
....signal bars are up (high) - ok.
....but were i see 3g (next to the signal bar) it is now DC
with this DC & not 3g will this make a difference, so i cant get to play online.?
Its strange because if i only using my pc im 3g on my 762s unit, but i turn off my pc then turn on my PS3 then 3g goes off & DC is showing,
I can still login to the PSN (playstation network), but not able to play games online.
Any help please.?
4g is best, --3g is good, --DC is ......(dont seem to work for gaming for me).

Thanks all, & sorry for a big read, this is everything i have done.

Message 1 of 3
trik
Aspirant

Re: netgear 762s..

Hi,
an update for any of you,

i upgrade my aircard 762s from a Huawei e586 (i was using the e586 1st then i got 762s), the huawei e586 is 3g only, not 4g.
So i tried this e586 today to see if i could get to play online (like i used to be able before i got the 762s) but no...no joy.. i got& still get the same message on my tv, but i see that there is 1 of my friends playing online were he lives or what country he is in that i dont no, but it looks like there is nothing wrong with sony or playstation or the game company that i have a problem with my aircard 762s,

im on bill pay, im allowed to go upto 15gb in my allowance & i no for certain im no were near half of this allowance. so this is no the problem.

all i can do is phone my internet provider 'three.ie', which i hate doing they keep me on hold for ages.
any help please.?
thanks.
Message 2 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: netgear 762s..

Hello trik 

I understand that you are able to connect to PSN but you are unable to connect to any online games or lobbys. You may want to do some port fowarding on your aircard 762 for PSN this could be the issue with not being able to join game lobbys or other online services. Here is a link to what ports are required to be open for PSN. Hope to hear your feedback.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/241/~/firewall-port-numbers-to-play-games...

DarrenM

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7