× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

netgear ac327u

kartika
Tutor

netgear ac327u

Hi,
I am facing issue with newly purchased netgear AC327U. The connection becomes inoperative after some idle time. Like if I am reading a page, after some time if I click there is not download activity. The connection shows connected but no download activity happens.
I have windows 7 and vodafone connection

Thanks
Kartika

Message 1 of 5
kartika
Tutor

Re: netgear ac327u

The support staff told me to disable the option switch off device when idle in the power management tab.
For sometime the issue was resolved
But I am facing the same issue again.
Message 2 of 5
kartika
Tutor

The broadband genie shows connected and full bars and is still unable to load the pages.This device is really bad. :mad:
Message 3 of 5
tekbird
Aspirant

I have a 3G USB dongle marked as Netgear AC327U.

When I plug in the device, in device manager, it's shown as a mass storage device.

And when the supplied application is run, it enables 3G modem interface of the device and device manager shows up COM ports for them. And it is listed in the Control Pane > Phone and modems.

What I would like to do is enable the modem interface without using the accompanying application.

I also tried with another brand which also seems to behave the same.

Is there any way the modem can be detected as is even without running their proprietary application?

Message 4 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Tekbird 

I believe you still have to use the application.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7