× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: netgeart m1 battery problem

devyq8
Aspirant

netgeart m1 battery problem

hi there ,, im having issue with my brand new netgear m1 ,, the  router stop charging  it self  and recharge again ! the cabel was fine plugged in walle ,, and the device even not getting heat, so anyone help with this , thanx

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 7
devyq8
Aspirant

no one ,, i just wana know is this normal charging issue ?

Message 2 of 7
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi devyq8,

Can you be more specific?

Is the device being charged with the battery in?

If so, does your screen show that it is charging?

Does your device turn on with the cable without the battery?

Please let me know. :]

- Jason N

Message 3 of 7
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi devyq8,

I just wanted to check in with you and see if your issue has been resolved. If not, then I would like to gather more information from you. If you can please answer the questions I have provided in my earlier post that would be much appreciated. This will help narrow down a resolution. 

Please let me know. :]

- Jason N

Message 4 of 7
n3t
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yesterday I bought a Nighthawk M1 MR1100-100EUS from Amazon Germany and have been stress-testing it since then — I got a 200GB LTE data plan and I am running my whole Internet connectivity through it to see how it performs. So far no stability problems, but...

The device just won't charge while being operated because a device and battery temperature of 43°C is already considered too high! This is outrageous. The manual states that the battery won't be charged at all when over 60°C anymore, which is sane, but already at 43°C no charge is being taken from the charger anymore and the battery percentage declines.

To prove that it's in fact the battery I put the device on a solid block of ice taken from the freezer. Within a few minutes the device and battery temperatures (which can be viewed at http://192.168.1.1/index.html#settings/status) drop to 40°C and below and the charging current raises to 5V 1.8A or — if a QuickCharge 2 power source is connected — about to 9V 1A. (I got a USB-C power meter so can see how much power is being drawn.) This makes the battery percentage slowly rise again.

If I put the ice block back into the freezer the charging process stalls again after some minutes.

Netgear, already stopping the charge at such a low temperature sucks!

I understand that everybody is afraid of exploding Li-Ion cells, but 50°C should still not constitute a problem.

BTW, it does not help buying more powerful chargers, my M1 does never draw more than 10 Watts.

Message 5 of 7
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi n3t,

Thank you for posting the battery issue in a separate post. It is best to charge the device without use so it is not overheating. Like I said in the other thread, It is bad to use your device while charging your battery at the same time because this will reduce your battery life in the long run. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. :]

- Jason N

Message 6 of 7
W1lliam
Virtuoso

Just wonder if not suggested to charge your battery while using MR1100, then how to do off-line charge as I can't find any of charger out there.

William

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7