× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

nighthawk mr5100 keeps dropping speeds

kihastyga
Follower

nighthawk mr5100 keeps dropping speeds

setup: nighthawk mr5100 connected to nighthawk mk60 mesh wifi router as extender first 6month to a year everything worked flawlessly. getting speeds over 100mbps. present day it constantly drops to 1mbps and I have to reset the mr5100 atleast 2-4x a day to reset the speeds. same thing happened when I first had the nighthawk mr1100 before the mr5100. worked flawlessly then started slowing down to 1mbps. full bars and signal, software is all updated .
Message 1 of 2
PSU-drew
Aspirant

Re: nighthawk mr5100 keeps dropping speeds

I’m sorry that I don’t know how to help with your loss of speed, but I’ve been running an MR5100 for a little over a year without much issue. The reason I want to reply is to see if you could help me with how you got the MR5100 to work with your mesh system? I just got a MK73 mesh system and have not been able to get it to connect. I gave up and called nighthawk tech support and they told me there is no “pass-thru” mode on the MR5100 to make it act as a modem only. But if I’m understanding your post, and others I have seen, there is a way to make the MR5100 work with a mesh router/satellite combo. I would like to use the MK73 router close coupled to the MR5100 over Ethernet and then place a satellite or two as necessary throughout the house to improve overall network coverage. Any help you could offer would be appreciated. I don’t want to return the MK73 to purchase a single wifi extender if I don’t have to. But that is what the help support tech recommended I do…
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7