× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

using M1 MR1100 & M2 MR2100 as modems to use and attach with Netgear Wifi 6 Mesh routers

Binno
Aspirant

using M1 MR1100 & M2 MR2100 as modems to use and attach with Netgear Wifi 6 Mesh routers

So Ladies & Gentlemen,
I request some help from all you wise people.
Please advise me how can I use the M2 MR2100 & M1 MR1100 (NETGEAR) 4G LTE routers as  modems to attach and work with the latest wifi 6 routers from NETGEAR.
Please oblige.
Thanks

Binno 

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 3
W1lliam
Virtuoso

Re: using M1 MR1100 & M2 MR2100 as modems to use and attach with Netgear Wifi 6 Mesh routers

Configure your M1/M2 as IP Passthourhg mode, having your WiFi6 router connected to M1/M2's Ethernet port nad set as DHCP for its WAN port connection mode. This should be working right away, further fine tune can be done though.

Message 2 of 3
Binno
Aspirant

Re: using M1 MR1100 & M2 MR2100 as modems to use and attach with Netgear Wifi 6 Mesh routers

Hello W1lliam,

I am obliged by your response.

I will be travelling to Germany next week and intend to buy these routers from there immediately.

These are available only online.

So people like you are the only source of help.

Product manuals and data sheets etc do not mention anything about the issues I want to discuss.

So I request you to kindly help me with as much pssible detils as you can.

Thanks once again

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7