× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: won't stay on when using as hotspot

Wigglez
Aspirant

won't stay on when using as hotspot

This device will not stay on when connected to anything. It auto shuts off and the only way to get it back on is to remove and reinsert the battery. I have already swapped it out with another brand new one from Amazon and the same issues are arising.  Yes I did the update to latest version.  Yes I have tried changing channel to both 2.4 and 5.  Runs and stays connected to internet but as soon as I try connecting my Mac or Iphone it disconnects from internet.  After a few attempts it shuts off and only powers on when battery is removed and replaced.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Wigglez

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

May we please know the exact model number of the device? Who's your Internet provider? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
n3t
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is a very strange problem, as this surely "should not happen".

Since you write that you already exchanged your M1 and the second one acts just the same, I suppose there might be something unique to your environment that causes this. Are you operating your M1 in a very hot and/or humid environment? (If yes, a possible thermal shutdown comes to mind.) Or are you using the same power supply or USB cable which happens to be defective? Are you using the Ethernet port? (If yes, does it happen without the Ethernet cable being connected, too?)

As you see, more information would be needed in order to help you (and also post the model and firmware version numbers as already requested by @Blanca_O!).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7