freewing70
Tutor

D7000 ANNOUNCED FW UPDATE: NEVER ARRIVED

Case #: 27710100
Case Summary: Readycloud: cannot upload files
Product: D7000

Update from NETGEAR:

Dear Mr. Girardi,

Thank you for having enabled the Netgear support.

Following feedback we received just by our engineers, we confirm that the problem will be resolved on 28/02/2017 found with the new firmware that will find by: downloadcenter.netgear.com.

Agnieszka
Netgear expert

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Messaggio 1 di 31
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Re: D7000 ANNOUNCED FW UPDATE: NEVER ARRIVED

That sounds like the firmware is scheduled for Feb 28, 2017. I think that's still a few weeks away.

Messaggio 2 di 31
freewing70
Tutor

Sorry, you're right: 28 February seems to be the new date.

I expected end of January, (2 February) since last chat with support.

So still waiting (from october 2016)....

Trying to be optimistic!

Messaggio 3 di 31
williamyzfr1
Guide

Well the 28/02 deadline has passed and no new firmware...............

Messaggio 4 di 31
freewing70
Tutor

Yes... this is the 2nd time that NetGear gives me a date on firmware update (for an official feature thta NEVER WORKED) and it's disappointing!

I DO ASK FOR AN OFFICIAL ANSWER FROM NETGEAR.

Messaggio 5 di 31
smoking84
Guide

Rif.: D7000 ANNOUNCED FW UPDATE: NEVER ARRIVED

Incredible! Continues the bufferbloat problem and with a file in upload it's impossible to navigate, only by limiting the bandwidth with the Qos can browse!

And this is not acceptable for high-end router very expensive!

I WANT AN ANSWER FROM NETGEAR! Especially a new firmware wich solves the bufferbloat without having to limit the bandwidth!

Messaggio 6 di 31
freewing70
Tutor

Did anybody receive an answer?

Only silence??

Messaggio 7 di 31
smoking84
Guide

Nothing! No official response nor even a new firmware!!

It seems to support the D7000 has laready been abandoned!Cat Mad

Spoiler

Messaggio 8 di 31
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The Firmware has been pushed back I do not have a date on when it will be released. Will let you know when I hear anything.

DarrneM

Messaggio 9 di 31
freewing70
Tutor

Bad news. Thanks for answering Darren.

=:(

I feel totally teased by Netgear.

Messaggio 10 di 31
smoking84
Guide

Thanks. I just hope that this long wait is rewarded by permanently solve the bufferbloat problem.

Above all, I hope it continues software support for D7000

Messaggio 11 di 31
freewing70
Tutor

...any news? This huge problem is going on since the production of this router.

Messaggio 12 di 31
smoking84
Guide

Darren some updating? Maybe a new date for the release of fw?

Messaggio 13 di 31
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Rif.: D7000 ANNOUNCED FW UPDATE: NEVER ARRIVED

Hello Smoking84

I do not have any info on a date I will let you know if I get any new updates on this.

DarrenM

Messaggio 14 di 31
David_g
Guide

I'm experiencing the same problem, and from a search on the forums I'm not the one. This router has been very expensive, it should have better support. I really do hope this gets solved, I've been using NETGEAR forever, would be a shame to switch brands. Can someone update us? Thank you.

Messaggio 15 di 31
freewing70
Tutor

I SIMPLY asked for a substitution with a working modem-router (an upgrade): after many months of waiting (and of no FW updates promised) I thought it was a good compromise.

They instead proposed me a refound with an RMA, but:

- I must send the router back to NetGear (so I'll be without internet connection for... who knows? I use it for work!)

- they'll check it (Netgear alredy knows the BUG on D7000)

- they'll refound me (probably)

- then I'll be able to buy another router again

GENIUS: the commercial-side of Netgear seems to be handled by real genius.

I think I'm going to denounce Netgear for abuse.

Here is what I'll do:

- I'll contact Consumers Association

- I'll write to all the main reviwes to illustrate what happened

- I'll do all in my possibilities to denounce this abuse!

What do you think?

Messaggio 16 di 31
David_g
Guide

Luckily for me, in Italy Netgear doesn't handle warranties but delegates to whoever sold the product. In my case this was Amazon: I already returned the router and as soon as I get the refund I'll get an Asus or D-Link. I've been using Netgear products since forever, with this one they lost a customer.

PS: Providing only 90 days of free support... really? What's up with that?

Messaggio 17 di 31
Tarsone
Initiate

Buffer bloating is a real problem on this d7000. I've begun to have it from 2 weeks, and I've tried with researches, reading post communities, changing QoS parameters..... I've understood best solution is trash box. I will try a refund trough saint Amazon....I hope they will understand
Messaggio 18 di 31

@David_g wrote:

PS: Providing only 90 days of free support... really? What's up with that?

Sadly, that is pretty well the industry standard. It is something that the American corporations have wished on the world.

This may have something to do with the hopeless consumer protection in the USA. As you have found, European law, which is probably where Italy got its rules and regulations, is more consumer friendly.

Some companies don't offer any free support.

Netgear adds to the scam by trying to persuade people who call support to buy expensive contracts. As messages here show, even when people do sign up there is no guarantee that support will fix their problems.

Messaggio 19 di 31
smoking84
Guide

This is shameful, a very expensive modems like D7000 left to itself and for nearly one year (!) without update fw!!

The Netgear clearly tell us whether the support has been abandoned without fooling ourselves, and I will set it accordingly! Thanks!!

Messaggio 20 di 31

@smoking84 wrote:

This is shameful, a very expensive modems like D7000 left to itself and for nearly one year

More like six months if we are to believe the release notes for the last firmware.

But the real reason for intervening is that the router equivalent (?) of this modem, the R7000, recently got new firmware, again going by the release notes, which are dated, in wonky American format, "03/30/2017". Maybe that is a design of progress or that they haven't abandoned all 7000 models.

Messaggio 21 di 31
HardcorePawn
Aspirant

some people seems to have worked on the problem despite of netgear neglicence and 6 month without a minimal upgrade:

there is a git project introducing fq_codel algorithm of cerowrt:

link

Messaggio 22 di 31
freewing70
Tutor

I solved the problem: here is how.

I contacted Amazon: in 3 minutes chat the undestood my problem (caused by Netgear), gave me money back giving me the time to buy a brand new router (not a Netgear) so I can keep online my business.

I can thanks Italian Netgear assistance only: they were 100% with me and tried to find a solution with the Headquarte, but being linked to main assistance directives they surrended.

Amazon has now a more and more faithful client: it's a good-company, smart.

Netgear lost me (and I guess many other) as a client; I wil NEVER buy Netgear products anymore in my life: it's a bad-company (may I say "silly"?!).

Messaggio 23 di 31
Tarsone
Initiate

Ciao, posso chiederti quanto tempo è passato dall'acquisto su amazon per essere riuscito a fartelo rimborsare? Ti giuro, mi sono venuti i capelli bianchi per colpa di questo modem. Il problema è che io l'ho acquistato a novembre 2016, quindi sono molto fuori tempo...
Messaggio 24 di 31
David_g
Guide

@Tarsone wrote:
Ciao, posso chiederti quanto tempo è passato dall'acquisto su amazon per essere riuscito a fartelo rimborsare? Ti giuro, mi sono venuti i capelli bianchi per colpa di questo modem. Il problema è che io l'ho acquistato a novembre 2016, quindi sono molto fuori tempo...

Ciao, il mio l'ho acquistato a Giugno 2016 quindi ben prima di te. Ho scritto ad Amazon indicando uno dei vari link di questo forum dove si confermava il problema del bufferbloat. Ho avuto il rimborso entro 30 minuti. In bocca al lupo!

Messaggio 25 di 31
Statistiche discussione
  • 30 risposte
  • 18834 visualizzazioni
  • 9 kudos
  • 11 con conversazione attiva