Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Activating Netgear armor blocks Ooma

fathobbit
Star

2.3.1.44 update preventing connection to xfinity account

I do not have Armor activated but after this update to the new verion I'm not able to connect to Xfinity website using my desktop (ethernet) or from my phone (wifi).  If I disconnect my wifi from phone then everything works fine.  I think even though Armor is not activated some how some of its firewall is blocking access to some sites.

ANyone else seeing this issue.  I never had this problem a week ago when everything was working perfectly.

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: 2.3.1.44 update preventing connection to xfinity account

Hi @fathobbit,

Welcome to the community!

Are you saying that you're able to access the website on your phone when using mobile data? Are you getting an error message when trying to access the website? If possible, a screenshot would help out a lot.

Dexter

Message 2 of 9
fathobbit
Star

Hi Dexter,

I had also opened a support case on the same issue yesterday.  This morning on my phone and desktop, I was able to access xfinity.  I did not change anything at all.  

On the actual error message that you were asking, there was really none, on the phone it will just keep trying to connect, the three dots keep running.  On the desktop it just used to come up with an error page that its was taking too long to connect.

Is there anyway to disable to auto update on the orbi so that these kinds of things doesn't surprise us.

Thanks

Prem.

Message 3 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Prem,

Thanks for responding. Glad to know that you're now able to access the site. There is no option to disable the auto update for Orbi but there should be no site filtering if the Armor feature is not enabled.

Dexter

Message 4 of 9
Bwiemeler
Aspirant

Activating Netgear armor blocks Ooma

Ooma phone is blocked when Netgear Armor is enabled, reconnects when Armor is disables. Is it possible to allow Ooma to function with Armor enabled?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Bwiemeler, thanks for reaching out. Does Armor show that it is being blocked on the app (Nighthawk/Orbi) or on the Armor portal (armor.netgear.com)? If so, please provide a screenshot since that will help us out a lot.

Dexter

Message 6 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Bwiemeler, were you able to sort this out?

Dexter

Message 7 of 9
macphreak
Guide

Just wanted to bring this issue back up. I have this issue currently. I had the trial for Armor. But, I didn't end up subscribing. Now, I am unable to access my Xfinity account (specifically, The steps I am seeing is that I go to Xfinity.com, then tap on the "Sign in" or "My Account" link. It will try and go to oauth.xfinity.com and then fail. Do the same thing on your phone on LTE and it will work fine and you will be able to sign in just fine).

Also, I am now unable to access the Xfinity stream apps. I download them from the app store (on my iphone) and try and login and it won't even present the login page. Again, if I take my phone or ipad off of Orbi wifi and set it to LTE, it accesses it just fine. It is definitely an issue with Orbi or Orbi/Armor issue. How do I fix this without doing a factory reset? (I am trying to avoid that). Thanks! 

Message 8 of 9
macphreak
Guide

Has anything been addressed with this issue? I *still* am unable to login to the Xfinity site. Only when I use my LTE data connection through my phone or iPad then I can login just fine. 

I also created a hot spot on my phone and test the LTE hot spot and it worked on my desktop as well. It is only when I use the Orbi router do I run into this issue. And this issue only started after I tried the "Armour" trial (if anyone is reading this - DO NOT try the Netgear Armor trial. It really messes up your router majorly). 

Why can't Netgear get this fixed? This has been an ongoing issue for months now with no resolution other than "reset". 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7