Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Android Pay api

Jayip54
Guide

Android Pay api

I am seeing blocks on my Armor for androidpay-users-pa.googleapis.com. has anyone else see it block the api? Is this safe? Thanks

Jay
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Android Pay api

Hello Armor Community, 

Thanks for bringing this up. This was a false positive detected by our team and should be corrected. If you're still experiencing the blocks, please power cycle your router. 

Regards,

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10

All Replies
Mdelliott1009
Aspirant

Just started seeing this as well, this morning around 01:00AM EST. Blocked 6 attempts stating malware. 3 were from my phone which I wasn't using at the time and 3 were from "Compal information streaming de" so a Chinese made streaming device based on my quick Google search on it.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated!
Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter
Message 2 of 10
PCOOP
Aspirant

I'm seeing the same and coming up empty. It's only attempting to connect from one of two pixel phones in my household. I'm assuming it is related to a specific app, but would be great if someone can confirm what it is and if it is indeed malicious.
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 3 of 10
ederosa
Aspirant

I received more than 20 attempts to access "https://androidpay-users-pa.googleapis.com/"  AFTER I had been on TikTok.  The app was closed, no browsers open at the time.  The attempts were made from 2am-5am Eastern Std time.  

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 4 of 10
DanCoutu
Aspirant

I'm seeing the same messages starting overnight.

It is unclear whether this is a valid alert for a real problem or an error in the malware detection logic being used by Netgear.

If someone from Netgear could please investigate and comment that would be appreciated.

Message 5 of 10
Jayip54
Guide

I agree. It seems they updated something last night that triggered this. All I can find online is that it is the Google Pay api but cannot tell if something had been hijacked.

Message 6 of 10
FrankCR3
Aspirant

I have the same issue since 9 p.m. last night on 3 of my Samsung phones. I have received 83 hits. Really want to figure thus thing out.
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 10
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Armor Community, 

Thanks for bringing this up. This was a false positive detected by our team and should be corrected. If you're still experiencing the blocks, please power cycle your router. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 8 of 10
Jayip54
Guide

Thanks

Message 9 of 10
ering210
Aspirant

Interestingly I dont use Armor on my Orbibut I just installed a Bitdefender BOX and loaded BitDefender on my wife's phone. It too alerted to this API last night. Are you 100% sure it is a false positive?

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7