Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Anyone seeing internet connection drops with Armor enabled?

jmorris1747
Aspirant

I agree....I was lucky enough to trial it first before I paid any money for it. No sure why Netgear has not addressed this long standing issue. 

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 51 of 54
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @ShawnKR and jmorris1747,

Good day!

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for not able to get back to you immediately. This issue should already be fixed. Please DM us your email address, preferred call back date and time so we can have our Level 2 contact you and we will be able to coordinate with the Engineering team to work on this and provide solutions as soon as possible.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 52 of 54
kfresh71
Initiate

I had the free trial for one year with the purchase of my orbi, all seems to work flawlessly.  I let the license expire and deactivated it.  About 6 months later I re-activated it, and had very similar issues to what you are describing.  All of our computers were dropping connection, the router was dropping connection, and web pages would not load consistently.

Could not figure out the issue, and I was ready to call and cancel the Armour service.  Turns out I was just too lazy to read the errors that my machine was popping on me when it would not load properly.  I simply ignored them and tried to refresh, the answer was right in front of me.

My son kept getting an error on his windows machine, could not connect to DNS server.  He came and asked me if that could be the problem and did I know how to fix it.  It was an ahh-ha moment.  I went into the router settings and changed the DNS server to the google server 8,8,8,8, and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

I believe the Netgear Armour possibly changes the DNS, or simply does not play nice with my internet providors default DNS.  However, with this fix all seems to be working properly now.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 53 of 54
fsitios
Aspirant

Hi Oliver and Community,

I am having the same issue but with the router 7000p. Current firmware version V1.3.3.148_10.1.82 
    Have anyone solved this issue with Armor Security Option enabled? How if so? thanks!

Kind regards,

Fernando

Message 54 of 54
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7