Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

App Store updates and purchased no longer available after disabling Armor

Orbi-Roc
Luminary

App Store updates and purchased no longer available after disabling Armor

After disabling Armor, App Store for both OS X and iOS devices is no longer available. I get error messages. Is there a way around this other that doing a factory reset on the Orbi? Also, after disabling Orbi, I notice that the Armor is still very much in Activited mode (abeit not enabled.) The fact that it is still Activited means that it is still active on the router, which I believe is the source of my problem with the App Store. How do I completely remove any trace of Armor from my Orbi?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Re: App Store updates and purchased no longer available after disabling Armor

UPDATE: I was able to restore the App Store (for both iOS, OSX, and iTudes as well).

However, I still want to COMPLETELY remove Netgear Armor from the router.

Disabling Armor with the Orbi app seemingly works, as the router web page does indeed show that Armor is NOT enabled. However, that's not good enough, as Armor is still there lurking in the background and can come back to life just by enabling it in the Orbi app. In fact, the Orbi app does show Netgear Armor as being ACTIVATED despite the fact that it's been disabled.

Is there a way to restore the Orbi Router to the state it was prior to activating Armor. I understand that a factory reset would do it ... But is there an easier way?

Message 2 of 3
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Re: App Store updates and purchased no longer available after disabling Armor

Bumping this one up. I am not there yet; but if and when I do, I would like to know what steps to follow to completely remove Netgear Armor from my network. I am not talking about just disabling it, but to remove it completely.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7