Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Apple Silicon version of BitDefender

SkaroKaled
Follower

Apple Silicon version of BitDefender

Hi

Netgear Armor is still installing the Intel version of Bitdefender for Mac even though an Apple Silicon version of Bitdefender has existed for a while now.  Is there a way to install the Apple Silicon version at the moment, or does anyone have an idea of when the Netgear offering will be updated with it?

Thanks,

Mike.

Message 1 of 5
kiyuu
Star

From browsing the Bitdefender website I discovered that both Antivirus for Mac and Bitdefender VPN provided through armor.netgear.com are old, they're from 2019.  It would be nice to know when Netgear plans on updating those apps.  If you download the latest versions directly from Bitdefender you can't use them with your Netgear Armor account, you have to buy activation keys from Bitdefender.

Message 2 of 5
Topology
Virtuoso

@kiyuu, is it possible to first install the Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac application provided through NETGEAR, and then upgrade to the current version (see Upgrade to the Latest Bitdefender Version for Free)?

Message 3 of 5
kiyuu
Star

I tried the link you provided and it did upgrade my Antivirus for Mac version to 9.0.5.5.  The Bitdefender VPN also installed automatically but it's showing to be the free version even though I have a Premium VPN subscription.  I sent a support request to Bitdefender about the subscription not showing up in the VPN app.  Trying to manage Bitdefender products through Netgear Armor is a nightmare.  Netgear and Bitdefender appear to be completely disconnected when it comes to the distribution and support of Netgear products through Netgear Armor.

Message 4 of 5
kiyuu
Star

Make that the distribution and support of Bitdefender products through Netgear Armor.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7