Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor + Bitdefender on PC

Wolfi1952
Tutor

Armor + Bitdefender on PC

I have installed Armor on my ORBI and all my PCs are protected using the Bitdefender Internet Security.

Now Armor tells me that I should install Bitdefender Internet Security on my PCs, trying that the software tells me that it is already installed!

How can I tell Armor that the software is already installed?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Wolfi1952
Tutor

Re: Armor + Bitdefender on PC

Hi,

meanwhile I got the solution. There is no way to tell armor that the Bitdefender has already been installed because licenses installed form armor use a different registration platform. So the only way to solve that is uninstalling the Bitdefender product including the agent and vpn and afterwards install the same software downloaded from the armor website. It takes some time depending on the PC's speed, but it works without problems. During the installation you need the armor login, that's all.

Installing the software on a mobile device is a straight forward procedure running without any problems.

Best regards

Wolfgang

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Wolfi1952

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Kindly launch Orbi App > tap Security Tile. You will be directed to Armor Security Dashboard. The number on the left tile (Bitdefender Security Available) represents the number of devices on your network that can add Bitdefender Security on-the-go protection. 

The following link may help you out: 

How do I install Bitdefender Security on-the-go protection on my devices?

How do I install Bitdefender Total Security on my Windows or MacOS device?

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Wolfi1952
Tutor

Hi,

meanwhile I got the solution. There is no way to tell armor that the Bitdefender has already been installed because licenses installed form armor use a different registration platform. So the only way to solve that is uninstalling the Bitdefender product including the agent and vpn and afterwards install the same software downloaded from the armor website. It takes some time depending on the PC's speed, but it works without problems. During the installation you need the armor login, that's all.

Installing the software on a mobile device is a straight forward procedure running without any problems.

Best regards

Wolfgang

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7