Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor Bitdefender

gmcotton
Guide

Armor Bitdefender

I had disabled Armor after it kept causing 2 of my printers to spew out pages during a scan.

After reading that the current firmware that is in my Orbi RB50 had solved the problem I turned Armor back on.  It recommended that I enable Bitdefender on the attached devices.  Foolishly I did, fortunately not on all 10 computers.  It managed to blue screen 3 of the machines and after several hours managed to get them back using system restore.  Managed to get the last one uninstalled before it updated and restarted.

I thoroughly enjoyed sharing my opion of the product in the uninstall survey that was presented to me.

All the PCs were running latest version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.  One Gateway, one HP and one Dell.  Hadn't installed to the Macs so don't know how they would have fared.  

Am I alone or have others experienced this agrevation?

Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Armor Bitdefender

Hello gmcotton, 

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have not seen similar reports of this issue. If you'd like, I can see if support can reach out to you to provide any assistance with Armor. If you're interested, please send me a private message with your contact info and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
gmcotton
Guide

Re: Armor Bitdefender

Thank you for the offer.  However I have resolved the issue, by removing the offending software from my systems.  I'm sure that support would want me to reinstall the software to see if the problem replicates.  After the many hours it took to restore the systems, I will not take that chance.  

Gordon

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7