Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor Blocking Helium RAK Hotspot

rahanna
Aspirant

Armor Blocking Helium RAK Hotspot

Hi everyone,

I installed a Helium RAK hotspot on my Orbi Network and Armor is blocking all traffic to it.

I tried to set it IP on the DMZ but still no go.

It there a way to make an Exclusion on Armor so it does not block a specific device / IP on my network ?

Appreciate your thoughts and creative ideas.

Thanks !!!

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 12
plemans
Guru

Re: Armor Blocking Helium RAK Hotspot

Message 2 of 12
rahanna
Aspirant

Thanks @plemans ... I did unblock the sites several times but they do change randomly.

What I'm looking for is a complete EXCLUSION for the Helium RAK Hotspot which is already assigned an address of 192.168.33.200 behind the Orbi.

How to make this local IP [192.168.33.200] free and clear from any ARMOR blocking ?

I am sure that similar people had issues with IPTV devices so I'm hoping that there is a solution for that.

Thanks everyone for offering to help !!! 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 3 of 12
plemans
Guru

with the helium being on the 192.168.33.*** address. Did you change it or does it have its own dhcp built into it? 

Not sure how armor responds to it being changed from the default LAN range. 

Message 4 of 12
OMR22
Aspirant

I can find my model on here but I had to just turn it off completely. Not the greatest option but it’s the only solution I could find…
Message 5 of 12
plemans
Guru

what modem/gateway is it connected to? (the router)

Message 6 of 12
OMR22
Aspirant

Mine’s connected to a Spectrum modem- Hitron-EN2251.
Message 7 of 12
plemans
Guru

Just trying to figure out why it has a IP address on a different subnet. 

Message 8 of 12
OMR22
Aspirant

Your question is for the other person who started the thread…my bad. I was just expressing what I did since my miner was also being blocked by the armor.
Message 9 of 12
rahanna
Aspirant

I think it is a problem with ARMOR

The IP address is an assigned static address from my Orbi ... I already setup my LAN to use  the 192.168.33.xxx subnet

My modem is what Spectrum provides and it is in bridged mode so I can see the public address on the WAN side of the Orbi Router

I am surprised that ORBI / ARMOR does not provide an option to bypass ALL Traffic To/From a specific IP on the LAN

Even setting the HotSpot IP address on the Orbi DMZ did not push an exception to the ARMOR to allow it to send/receive traffic

If someone got lucky with setting a Helium Hotspot behind an Orbi with ARMOR ON, please share your setup.

Thanks everyone and enjoy your weekend !!!

Message 10 of 12
nesta13
Aspirant

Hi, 

How did you know your miner was being blocked? I currently have Armor running as well as a RAK miner, but my miner seems to be doing OK. However, seeing your post makes me nervous I'm actually limiting my earnings without knowing. 

Great if you could share some intel on this!

Message 11 of 12
MrBroManDudeGuy
Aspirant

I don’t even have an Armour subscription and its blocking my RAK miner
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements