Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Armor Blocking Sites - How to Unblock?

diverdave
Follower

Armor Blocking Sites - How to Unblock?

NetGear Armor has blocked a wordpress site I manage for a non-profit org. I cannot find a way to unblock this site on the web page presented to me by Armor, or through the mobile app. I have had to turn off Armor as a result. Can you advise how to get the site off of the ban list, and/or how to reconfigure Armor to allow this site.  

Thank you

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 60
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @diverdave, welcome to the community! You can check the link below to submit the URL to Bitdefender.

https://www.bitdefender.com/submit/

Dexter

Message 2 of 60
shawn007
Guide

DexterJB's solution is not adquate. 

Netgear Armor is falsely blocking my compay websites which I need immediate access to. It is terrible that you want us to submit the URL to get it unblock and wait days and days for them to review it. I understand we would be building their database for you, but I need to immediately access my own site. Neargear Armor on the bottom of the page says, "We suggest that you [Go back to safety]". Netgear needs to have a option to "Proceed to website." This way we can have immediate access to our websites rather than waiting days for them to review the links. Furthermore, you need to allow us to whitelist the sites immediately.  The only way I can visit my company websites is by disabling Armor, this pretty much makes Armor useless and my network vunerable to other types of attacks and popups while Armor is disabled.

If Netgear continue to block false postive websites and not give the ability to whitelist the IPs, they are loosing alot of customers. Personally, I will not renew the Armor subscription if this option is not immediately offered. 

Message 3 of 60
quinnw
Initiate

Netgear I totally support this statement. As an IT admin I need to work my site now, not when you decide to allow me to visit my site! I have disabled Armor and won't be subscribing. Placing a real firewall in between the net and my router that allows me to control the blocking.

Message 4 of 60
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the feature and rest assured it is taken note of and has been forwarded to the appropriate team. In the meantime, submitting a request to Bitdefender and contacting them via their support channels on the link below may be the best course of action for a more immediate resolution.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Dexter

Message 5 of 60
BCB-DNK
Initiate

As a new user I was rather surprised that the Armor Security blocked web-sites that I have been using for years without any problems. So full support for the suggestions mentioned of making it possible to proceed to a Armor blocked web-site. As of now I have been forced to deactivate Armor and will not continue to subscribe.
Message 6 of 60
tcmktg
Initiate

Please allow us to bypass the Orbi false positive for websites that we need to access. Ridiculous that Netgear has not provided this option. 

Message 7 of 60
shawn007
Guide

Since my last post, Netgear Armor never unblocked my company site despite submitting the request several times and waiting several weeks. 

The ORBI is a complete Failed attempt at a mesh network of a router. I had submitted for them to whitelist my company website several times. They never respond nor did they ever whitelist it. They do not give us the ability for us to whitelist it ourself. Not only are you not able to visit your site, it is BAD FOR YOUR BUSINESS that other customers who use this garbage are not going to be able to access your site. That will result in loss of sales and income to your company. This is a failed attempt at a Mesh Network router. It is ridiculous. The only way you can access these website is to disable the piece of garbage.

Nor only is there a issue with Armor blocking the site, the other issue is with the devices that end up conntacting to the actual router instead of the nearest satalite. You can confirm they are connecting to the router via the signal strength of the item. This becomes a issue if you have smart devices such as a Ring Doorbell, or flood cams. If the ring door bell is right next to the satalite it connects to the router and stays stuck to the router. It will not reconnect to the satalite until you rebot the device. This is pathetic. Furthermore, you can't force the devices to connect to 5ghz. Orbi decides which one to choose and often selects 2.4 with slower speeds.Again your router is a complete failure and should not have been brought to the market. Your Netgear support is worthless and they ask us to wait and wait until our warranty or return period expires and then you force us to live with a piece of Garbage. Go on your own forums and see how many have complained about these issues and no one at Netgear has done anything to fix it. 

Message 8 of 60
gemy
Initiate

I have disabled the Armor Bitdefender on my iphone app it is blocking my remote access, as soon as I disabled it my remote access is working again. The update included automatically installing the Bitdefender.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 9 of 60
prodgers
Initiate

Interesting but insufficient.  Without the ability to whitelist specific sites this tool is near worthless.  I also am not able to access my companies web email server and, no - I'm not planning to provide the access information to Netgear.  This will not be a service I am willing to use and will uninstall now that I've tried it and read up on it's limitations.

Message 10 of 60
Maj2
Initiate

How do you deactivate or uninstall the trial Armor subscription.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 11 of 60
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Message 12 of 60

Why has this not been resolved yet? I have a legitimate website that I need access to and it is being blocked and now I have to wait for possible approval which may or may not happen? 

Please fix this issue immediately. I've been working in IT for over 25 years and I know a thing or 2 about what is and what is not a legit website.

Message 13 of 60
CamperD
Initiate

Seriously? Umm, no. Turning offt and not recommending to anyone until this changes. That is about the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I've worked in tech for 30 years including helping clients with security and I'vd never seen anything like this. 

Message 14 of 60
BAM2019
Star

Agree, this is rediculious not to be able to quickly add a site or program to a safe/whitelist.  Sumitting it to Armour for review takes a minimum of 72 hours, so are we suppose to put our work on hold for 72 hours while you whitelist it.  Not ok!

Message 15 of 60
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @johnwills, I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 16 of 60
Oz0ne
Tutor

This is terrible.  Please at least let us whitelist sites so we can move on with our lives and not rely on you determine if a site if ok or not.  The technical customer will understand white lists and the risks while the standard customer will wait after submitting a url for inclusion. 

Message 17 of 60

Yes Netgear, please get on the ball and enable this feature. As an IT Professional I and many others are knowledgable enough to know when a site is legit 90% of the time and should be afforded the ability to Whitelist sites we know to be good.

Message 18 of 60
rsgthefse
Initiate

same. provide us with an option to immediately access the site. this is ridiculous

Message 19 of 60
hjk_plm
NETGEAR Expert

Unblock feature will be added soon. NETGEAR team is working on it.

Message 20 of 60
BAM2019
Star

I hope so! Any ETA on this?  Also while they are at it, they need to add an Armor on/off swith to the ORBI admin panel that we access via a web browser.  They have one on the mobile app but it tomes out all the time so for me it is useless.  It would make sense to add an easy on/off switch to the browser accesable ORBI admin panel.

Message 21 of 60
florianec
Guide

If true, nice to hear. I also expected some whitelist or unblock feature… I can’t relate why this was not considered earlier.

It’s like I had to ask, the company who build my front door, for approval every time I want to invite some new friends.

Model: RS400|Nigthhawk AC2300 Cybersecurity WiFi Router
Message 22 of 60
JRWa
Initiate

The fact that this issue has not been adequately addressed after 6 months of customer feedback does not make Netgear look very good. FIx this, now.

Message 23 of 60
JRWa
Initiate

It has been almost 2 mopnths since this comment. What is happening?

Message 24 of 60
rdefreitas
Initiate

I weill have to echo these statements - advanced users need a means to bypass the orbi armor security blocking when required.

The software needs a whitelist in addition to the Bitdefender submission (Bitdefender also needs better customer support for false positive URLs). Any router admin should be able to manage the whitelist. Better yet, add a link to the Blocked notification page to allow use to bypass security after (and only after) logging in through the router (as blocking a page and then letting anyone and everyone bypass it makes no sense)

Message 25 of 60
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7