Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Armor Blocking Sites - How to Unblock?

majikandy
Initiate

This is still exactly the same (28.06.2021) - sites get blocks, add to unblocked url - success. Refresh in browser and site is still blocked along with another alert to say it is blocked. Vicious cycle.  Very poor product experience. I cannot do my job with sites blocked that I specifically need unblocked - Therefore my only option right now is to disable the product completely - please update me when this whitelisting actually works.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 51 of 60
gbm2b83
Aspirant

Oh? Why dont i see it yet? this post was 2 years ago and the option still isnt avalable for me

@hjk_plm wrote:

Unblock feature will be added soon. NETGEAR team is working on it.

Message 52 of 60
FURRYe38
Guru

Anyone been in contact with NG support about this?

@Blanca_O @DarrenM @RVALENZ 

Message 53 of 60
ReluctantCynicP
Aspirant

Dexter:

I echo all the concerns expressed in this thread. This "feature" of automatically blocking websites is not only ethically and morally wrong, an incredibly poor technological decision, and legally challengable. I didn't install the Nighthawk router this afternoon to improve my ability to work from home just to have about half the websites I need to visit blocked -- with no way for me, the owner and user, to whitelist those websites immediately. I must depend on the kindness, good graces, and timing of Netgear employees.

Additionally -- and please do not take this personally -- Netgear is providing incredibly poor customer service (to say the least). I am not singling you out personally; you're a frontline community moderator. Your job is to respond with the standard talking points your supervisors have provided. And I do appreciate your efforts to carry these messages back to the right folks at Netgear.

I've always been impressed with Netgear products and largely impressed with Netgear's customer service. But this afternoon? Right now? 

Message 54 of 60
GingerTrash
Aspirant

It's now 2022 and this still isn't fixed.     30 years in IT and this is the first paid security product I've run into that doesn't have a whitelist function.  Oh and now the submit site throws an error  as well.    Disabled Armor.  Won't be renewing.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 55 of 60
jmhomie
Initiate

NETGEAR 

I just registered a domain and Armor immediately blocked it. I can't get access to it. I see all these complaints from people over two years ago where you people said you would fix this freaking problem and it still exists.

A user should be able to access their own router AND web security service to unblock a domain or whitelist a domain. 

Message 56 of 60
Motiv
Aspirant

I'm just here in February 2022 to say ... I wish I had read this beforehand. Trying to access a work profile to edit the page, and I can't because Netgear Armor flags the page with a provacy warning. Sigh ... 

Message 57 of 60
The_Janitor
Aspirant

So... I selected the option to allow only https connections to my Orbi router admin page, and now Netgear Armor denies access to it due to an untrusted certificate.

The genius of Netgear is astounding. Add to this: there is no option to whitelist the URL offered in the app or on the armor website. So, I've canceled autorenew on Armor, and have disabled it halfway through the first year of my subscription. Apparently, Netgear has adopted a software model like Microsoft's, but on steroids: WE, the customer, are their beta team as with Microsoft; however, Microsoft programmers have at least some talent. Netgear? Nope. Frankly, I'm tired of their updates bricking the unit. Tired of doing factory resets and reconfiguring my network to work around their latest update FLICK up. Tired of wrestling with Netgear Armor to access the sites I've used for decades. (On top of this, I now have a very negative view of Bitdefender. Way to go, Netgear! Way to go...) I should have learned my lesson with the Nighthawk modem and extender that preceded this... Netgear has received all of the money they'll ever receive from me. I'm now searching for another mesh solution for my home so I can relegate this crap to the trash heap where it belongs.

Message 58 of 60
TroyWerner
Aspirant

Having the same issue as described here in this thread with Orbi 750 product.  It is difficult to understand why this feature is missing.  Turning all protection off, to allow a known good site to work, is extreme to say the least.  Please do something to correct this issue.

Thanks

Troy

Message 59 of 60
Gangipogusiva
Aspirant

Re: Armor Blocking Sites - How to Unblocked

My account b
Message 60 of 60
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7