Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Armor Renewal Issues on ORBI RBR750

HareBrain
Tutor

Armor Renewal Issues on ORBI RBR750

I believe I have been extremely patient with Netgear resolving my issue with my activation of my auto renewal of Armor on my ORBI RBR 750.  My one year subscription expired on 3/27/22 and my credit card was charged for the auto renewal.  A couple days later, I noticed that my Armor was no longer active on my router and the Bitdefender apps on my devices (VPN & Antivirus) were showing expired.

Opened a ticket with Netgear on 3/31/22 and have been going back & forth with them to get this resolved (mostly me contacting them).  At this point I have provided them with proof of purchase (screen shot from my credit card company & email confirmation from them), provided screen shots from ORBI app, router, Bitdefender VPN & Antivirus and online showing that the subscription has expired.  

It has been a month now and no resolution.  The only change is the ORBI app went from 'Expired' in the Security tile to 'Updating Armor' but never changes.  When clicking on the 'Security' tile, get an error that returns an error ARM-PYMT-EXP.  

Have tried rebooting the router, deleting ORBI app and re-downloading and checking for firmware updates for router and nothing has helped.

The only response I get from Netgear is an 'Im sorry...' response with that they are still looking into it.  At this point, I feel that this is only 'lip service' and I am out the cost of my renewal.

Even contacted Bitdefender directly and after checking things on their end basically said that it needs to be resolved by Netgear.

Any suggestion from the community as to how to resolve this issue would be helpful as I am not expecting Netgear to correct.

Thanks...

Message 1 of 13
plemans
Guru

Maybe @DarrenM or @ChristineT can help

Message 2 of 13
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @HareBrain,

@plemans - Thanks for calling this to our attention! I'm on the case. 

I'll take a look at the case notes and see what the hold up is and see if I can clear the path for an immediate resolution.

@HareBrain I truly appreciate your patience and allowing the NETGEAR Community to lend a helping hand! I'll be back in touch once I have an update.

Best,

Christine

Message 3 of 13
HareBrain
Tutor

Thanks Christine for working on trying to get this issue corrected.

I did get an email from Netgear last Friday stating that the issue had been resolved.  I checked and reported that there was no change in the Orbi app, router, VPN client or Antivirus software.  The only thing that changed was that armor.netgear.com subscription now shows that I do not have a subscription and to either enter an activation code or to buy.

Received a response from Netgear on last Friday to check again over the next few days and it should activate.

Checked on Monday 5/2/22 - no changes in the status.  Added a note to the support ticket.

Checked on Tuesday 5/3/22 - again no change in status.  Added another note to the ticket.

Checked today 5/6/22 - still no change in status.  Tried to add a note to the support ticket but would not let me save the note.  Not sure why I could not add another note.

A little surprised that have not had a response from Netgear from the notes added this past Monday and Tuesday.

Larry

Message 4 of 13
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @HareBrain ,

Please forgive the delay in responding to this message! I'm checking into this again now for you.

Best,

Christine

Message 5 of 13
HareBrain
Tutor

Thank you Christine.

Just an update - this weekend something happened and lost ability to connect to my router from either the Orbi app or through a web browser. After several attempts to reboot/power cycle the router (and satelites), I ended up doing a factory reset on the router and reconfiguring it to the original settings.

Good news was that I can now access my router, the bad news is nothing has changed with the Armor subscription.

Larry

Message 6 of 13
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @HareBrain ,

Thanks for the update! In our system, I do see the "Active" Armor subscription but will need to reach out to our engineers to see why you're not seeing the same on your end. I believe a factory reset could complicate an active subscription but let me dig a little further after your most recent update. 

Best,

Christine

Message 7 of 13
ChristineT
Admin

@HareBrain ,

Just checking in! I have requested an update from our engineering team and hope to have an answer for you a little bit later today.

Thanks again for your patience!

Kind Regards,

Christine

Message 8 of 13
ChristineT
Admin

@HareBrain ,

I hope you're doing well! I have just received an update from our Support and Engineering teams that they were able to sync the subscription and restart it as of today.

Can you please let me know if you can now see Armor applied to your system?

Many thanks,

Christine

Message 9 of 13
HareBrain
Tutor

Thank you Christine.

It looks like last night the Armor activated on my router and the VPN and Antivirus software is now working.

I will add comment to the ticket and close it.

Again, thanks for your assistance in getting this resolved.

Larry

Message 10 of 13
St7399
Aspirant

Christine,

Can you please assist me with a similar issue? I recently cancelled my internet via cable and had to shut down an Orbi CBR40 and bring up a RBR40 to support the modem from my new internet provider. I opened a case to have my Netgear Armor subscription transferred from my old router to my new one, and Netgear notified me that it had been completed successfully, but when I try and access it via the Orbi app, I receive the same ARM-PYMT-EXP that was discussed in this thread.

I have a current case opened for this issue: 46597438, and the Netgear support rep advised me to reset my router and reset it up, which I see hasn’t worked here.

The case that was opened for the subscription migration is: 46526350. Again, this was closed as they told me that my subscription was now associated with my new RBR40 router.

Does my subscription need to be synced and restarted as well?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Steve Todhunter
Message 11 of 13
plemans
Guru

Message 12 of 13
swidener
Aspirant

Hello, I have opened the following case for the below issues (46988555) and have called in multiple times to support only to be disconnected once I explain my issues.

Background-

I am a new customer to Netgear Armor as of 2/7/2023 and have the following issues:

>I am unable to access Armor settings on the Orbi router interface (GUI).  The Armor tile states "Enabled" but is inactive when clicked. No error code presented.  I need to access to configure functionality.

>I am unable to send links from Netgear/Armor website to mobile devices for Bitdefender install via email. The email never arrives.

>I am getting the error code "ARM-PYMT-EXP" when trying to access Armor in the ORBI app on my iPhone, so it appears that Armor is not fully activated. Gives the status "updating Armor" for the last two days.

>I have two router systems appearing under my routers on the Netgear/Armor website. The RBR20 is no longer active and needs to be removed. Only the RBR750 should be present.

I am very concerned over these issues as it is useless if I cannot access to configure Armor properly. Please advise on how I can get these resolved ASAP, or how I can get a refund of the annual fee.

Many thanks in advance!

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7